Pre-Game Talk: GAME 64 -3/24 7:08 PM - vs Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, SN (Eastern Canada), TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Doesn't he also start the most in the dzone out of all the D, making logical sense why he might give up more goals and chances?

He also plays the most sheltered competition other than Clifton. So ya, his deployment doesn't help, but also he's playing the weakest players.

Reactions: NDiesel

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Unless they somehow gel, which would be great for really tough games, I can't see both Forbort and Brown being in at the same time. So I expect Reilly and Clifton alternating spending some time upstairs.

It's doubtful..but I'm pretty sure Cassidy will try Lindholm with Carlo one game...if that happens, I could see them trying this too:

Forbort McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Gryz Brown

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh he definitely would have kept his mouth firmly shut if Quaider, Boychuk or Killer had been around. He's a spot picking POS. And I think he did that while playing for the Blues.

I like tough players but Maroon does the spin in circles while cowering in fear in most of his fights. Stand and throw punches if you pretend to be that type of player. No thanks.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's doubtful..but I'm pretty sure Cassidy will try Lindholm with Carlo one game...if that happens, I could see them trying this too:

Forbort McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Gryz Brown
Alternating between this and Forbort-Clifton and never seeing Reilly again without injuries would be ideal. A balance of defense, toughness, and physicality.

Reactions: Greek_physique

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Forbort McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Gryz Brown
Bruce will figure it out.Main thing now is Bruce has that Left shot minute eating option now.Cannot help but think Bruce voiced his opinion into Bruins going after this pacific player cause he was pretty giddy after trade was made .

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Reilly is twice the player Brown is.

Offensively, yes. He is limited in overall player similar to the way 13 ATOI Brown will be however. Either on the 3rd pair is acceptable but I'll always lean towards the toughness over the softer offense only player in this role. Especially with the top 4 the Bruins can now rely on with Lindholm.

Brown can focus on replicating McQuaid.

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
A lot of what is going to stick with Bruce is going to be his perception of chemistry with pairs. He already has a good idea of how Forbort, Reilly, Clifton would work in the 3 possible pair combos between them. I think he already has his mind made up on this awhile back. In many ways, he landed on Forbort and Clifton. Reilly was left over and put with McAvoy. This happened because Bruce already determined Reilly couldn't play with Carlo, but he believes Gryz can play with Carlo. So it wasn't like Reilly beat out Gryz for top pairing, it was just Gryz had better chemistry with Carlo. I think if Bruce doesn't like the McAvoy Lindholm chemistry, he will see how Lindholm Carlo works. I believe Bruce already believes Grzy with either McAvoy or Carlo works. So he won't be afraid of switching Gryz back to McAvoy. In regards to Forbort, Bruce already believes he does not have good chemistry with McAvoy to play a top pair, especially if we are behind in the games, and even though you would think he'd be OK with Forbort and Carlo as shutdown with chemistry, the two don't play well together other than the PK. So, everything I'm pointing out here is just even strength chemistry. Then it gets into specialty teams. Bruce also has made up his mind already as to Forbort and Clifton being better PK than Reilly. Also, he can't beat out McAvoy or Carlo here. Then, there's the PP. Reilly doesn't beat out McAvoy or Grzy for PP1 and PP2. I suppose he could get some PP time if the Bruins were to switch to 2 D on the PP, which I don't see happening. In many ways, Grzy will be fighting Lindholm for PP2 time. If Bruce keeps Gryz on PP2, look for Lindholm to be used more at PK1 and/or PK2. I could see Bruce determining in his mind who his two best PK D are out of Forbort, Carlo, and Lindholm to be on PK1. This is up for grabs, especially if Lindholm doesn't really get PP time. So.............. as some have said. A lot to watch for. I didn't even bring up Brown. Brown could be a Forbort Clifton replacement is Bruce believes Brown can play with the left handed Reilly. But some other poster already pointed out they didn't play much together in Ottawa, and when they did, it wasn't much. So, I really think Brown is going to hand around to replace an injured player if it happens in Forbort, Carlo, or Lindholm perhaps. Otherwise, I doubt he sees much ice time going forward in the playoffs.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Offensively, yes. He is limited in overall player similar to the way 13 ATOI Brown will be however. Either on the 3rd pair is acceptable but I'll always lean towards the toughness over the softer offense only player in this role. Especially with the top 4 the Bruins can now rely on with Lindholm.

Brown is no McQuaid.

As a fighter or a player.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

Reactions: Gordoff

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

I can see Bruce possibly doing this in a series if we get down like 2 games, and he's convinced we are too soft. Then ride the top 4 with 25 minutes each. Forbort would play about 10 to 12 minutes, with about 4 of that being PK. Brown would play 10 minutes. But my here is that unlike the regular season, where the B's seem to even out the minutes for the D pairings a lot (except Mc), he won't be married to this in the playoffs, especially if things aren't looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad