Pre-Game Talk: GAME 64 -3/24 7:08 PM - vs Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, SN (Eastern Canada), TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I think they should do this for the top two pairings:

Gryz/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo

Gryz/McAvoy already have superb numbers together, and Lindholm could help calm Carlo down and give him room to work, build his confidence, etc. This could result in some of the best top 4 shutdown pairings in the league, and if they really needed a extra shutdown line then they could bring Hampus back up with Charlie for certain games/situations like they did with Chara/Seids

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Gryz/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo

Gryz/McAvoy already have superb numbers together, and Lindholm could help calm Carlo down and give him room to work, build his confidence, etc. This could result in some of the best top 4 shutdown pairings in the league, and if they really needed a extra shutdown line then they could bring Hampus back up with Charlie for certain games/situations like they did with Chara/Seids
That’s what I would do as well.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Gryz/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo

same

DistantCuzOBourque

Oct 3, 2017
The land of little ice

Gryz/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo

Nah. Lindholm is the new guy and needs to learn the bruins system. Who better to have as your on ice tutor than McAvoy.

Just like when Carlo played his first season it was with Chara. The following year it was the new guy McAvoy with Chara and Carlo with someone else.

Also, I bet Bruce wants to only tinker with one new piece at a time. That's why he wants to stay with known pairs except the one with Lindholm.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Gryz/McAvoy
Lindholm/Carlo

I think they’ll try that out in the near future. Or they should try it anyway. It should be all about maximizing all assets and spreading the wealth until the system collapses.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So i thought the game was yesterday and was all pumped up to watch.... but now ive been waiting for 28+ hours.

Lindholm and McAvoy can play 30 plus minutes
Gryz is a better fit with Carlo
Thats prob debatable and something you'll have to see after a few games, but hasnt Gryz + McAvoy been pretty Steller? Lindholm played his best hockey along side Manson(and manson along side Lindholm) as more of a shutdown duo.... i feel like Carlo is in that same player arch as Manson, so in theory Lindholm Carlo could be a very effective pairing for you, assuming you are comfortable with Gryz + McAvoy

Reactions: HustleB

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Not even close to the same thing.

Marchand does not threaten players only smaller than him then go after them Wilson style.

Marchy talks smack, he does not try to injure people.

That's debatable...I love Marchand and will always defend him, but he's done some really stupid things could be preserved as trying to 'injury people'

At the end of the day, I don't really get overly concerned when players try to act tough during warm-ups or in games. You're essentially playing a sport where you'll always be intimidated by someone...while some players let it get the best of them, it shouldn't impact you that much

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I just hate TB so much.

I mean aside from Stamkos, there isn’t a guy on that team who I have the least bit of like for…..and TBH, I’m not all that crazy about him.

I have a huge amount of respect for Stamkos. I like Point. More than any player except Maroon, it's probably actually Cooper I dislike the most. Excellent coach it must be said, but massively arrogant, narky and self-entitled to go with it.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad