Post-Game Talk: Game 63 - YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vancouver 9 BRUINS 3 F

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yuck is right. What else can you say? I watched the first period then had to go out, safe to say I won't be watching the rest. Seems like just one of those nights when everyone from the net out mailed it in. Team needs to learn what they can from it then burn the tape, forget about it and move on. They got a good 6 points out of 8 on this road trip and at least Pasta re-took the outright lead in the Rocket Richard and got two steps closer to the hallowed 50 mark.

Sometimes a reality check is helpful. Back home and on to the Flames Round 2.

Reactions: Trizz617

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It is what it is. Somehow I feel awkward scheduling didn't help matters. It should have been Edmonton Calgary back to back nights and then a travel day before playing Vancouver. I'm sure Vancouver feels good, but it's just one game in the dead of February winter. Pack the bags and move on where Vancouver becomes just another rearview mirror town.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Happy I didn’t watch this one (4am start). I will watch replays of Bruins’ goals (nice to see Pasta get a couple) and pretend I don’t see the 9 stinkers. Good thing Tampa and Toronto lost by embarrassing scores too, not a good night for the Atlantic top teams.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I guess that someone that said the Bruins had a chance to pickup 2 points on the next 5 teams chasing them jinxed them.

I might have had a feeling about this, the last 5 games Marchand and Pastrnak have been trying these SuperMan passes of theirs to a disgusting no end. This should bring some order to a lot of people. 2 1/3 lines of tipping the puck in and crashing the boards will create these low scoring football games. I guess Bjork and the like had an off night.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
This one is my fault guys sorry.
I was a jerk to my friends who are Leaf fans about there loss, so Karma got me right back.
Won’t happen again guys I am truly sorry

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ouch! I didn't stay up but checked the score at about 3 AM....rubbed my eyes, thought I was dreaming....nope, that 9 was still a 9. I give them a pass, terribly tough schedule with multiple back to backs, etc. Sometimes this type of game is a good reminder that they shouldn't ever coast. Looks like Tampa got thrashed but have no idea how they played either.

The silver lining of course, and what a beautiful, stunning, glittering lining it is....the Leafs game. The Hockey Gods were having fun last night at their expense. Good for Ayres, what an incredible experience for him.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
recorded the game. watched the first two periods this morning. safe to say i didnt watch the 3rd. i guess we were due for a stinker.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Earlier this season The Bruins caught the Canucks on the end of a long road trip and shut them out 4-0.

Tonight the situation and outcome was reversed.

I was tired after watching the first two periods and I did not play 4 NHL games while travelling the width of the continent+.

Overall the road trip was quite successful and the Bruins have increased their lead.

Over the final 19 games some load management on the key players may be more advisable than a frantic finish fighting for 1st place.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I’m an east coast baby. Made it till it was tied 1-1 and zonked out.

What in the bloody f*** happened?

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just got home from the game. Is it reasonable for me to call the Bruins and ask for my money back even though it was in Vancouver? I feel like they owe me.
There have been many nights at the Boston Garden that I have felt this way.

Sorry you had to be there for this stinker.

I am moving on. Hopefully they got all of the stink out in this one game.
.GO B's

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
True, but tonight it looked like the BRUINS had a 42 year old zamboni driver in goal.

Post of the thread, well done.

The rest of the team was as bad as the new Adam Sandler movie Uncut Gems, where the best actor was Kevin Garnett

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Watched only the 1st period, was pretty shocked to see they lost 9-3, considering that they played 5 games in 8 days with all that travel it was almost a scheduled loss. Whenever the rematch is with Vancouver you can bet the farm that Boston will win that game. Now on to Sweeney to bring in some top 9 forward help.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I am so glad that I fell asleep last night :laugh:

Whatever. Even the blind pig finds an acorn. Vancouver's actually got a decent team this year, from what I've seen. Guys just need to regroup and get ready for the next one

And Sweeney needs to make a trade for a legitimate top 6 RW.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Earlier this season The Bruins caught the Canucks on the end of a long road trip and shut them out 4-0.

Tonight the situation and outcome was reversed.

I was tired after watching the first two periods and I did not play 4 NHL games while travelling the width of the continent+.

Overall the road trip was quite successful and the Bruins have increased their lead.

Over the final 19 games some load management on the key players may be more advisable than a frantic finish fighting for 1st place.

Posted before Calgary game if they won that Bergeron and Chara should sit. Can't understand playing them tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad