GDT: Game 63: Detroit Red Wings(25-29-7) @ Seattle Kraken(18-38-6) - 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I know, I know.
What about them trades and Giordano and the TDL?
Well, we've got threads for that but as surprising as it might seem there's still 20 games left of the season and tonight the Kraken will play an original six team in Detroit to try and get another win.

Last time out the Kraken were able to force a shootout in Motor City but fell short to the young and up and coming Red Wings who have two of the most interesting young stars of this league in Mortz Seider and Lucas Raymond on their team.

The Kraken will once again be without current captain Mark Giordano who, so far, has not been traded but will still be held out as a precaution, while Haydn Fleury may try his luck on the wing again as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they playing?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, Washington
climate-pledge-arena-populous-architecture-usa_dezeen_2364_col_6-852x478.jpg

When does the game start?
6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET / 3:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
RootSportNW, BSDET NHL Game Center, ESPN+

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Limit penalties

Once again during the Wednesday game against Tampa Bay the Kraken took way too many penalties resulting in a lot of power play situations for a team that is vastly superior on offense.
The Wings are nowhere near offensively to the Bolts, but if given enough power play time will hurt you enough to get the game out of reach.

2) Passing / more confidence in the offensive zone
During the past couple of games the team has been able to have a lot of time in the offensive zone.
In order to turn this into more scoring they need to be more willing to go in front of net instead of just cycling it.

3) Help out the goalie
The first goal, by Hedman, on Wednesday was yet another one were the opposing team was able to easily screen the goalie and completely take out the chance for him to see the puck.
Unless the team finally starts to clear out those guys in front of net there won't be much success for a goalie tandem that is struggeling mightily as it is.

-----------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Yanni Gourde: 14(G) - 22(A) ---> 36 points
Jordan Eberle: 15(G) - 20(A) ---> 35 points
Jared McCann: 23(G) - 12(A) ---> 35 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 21:54 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 21:29 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 19:59 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 13-26-5 / .888(SV%) / 3.23 GAA
Chris Driedger: 5-9-1 / .886(SV%) / 3.37 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-3-0 / .858(SV%) / 4.12 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Dylan Larkin: 27(G) - 31(A) ---> 58 points
Tyler Bertuzzi: 24(G) - 24(A) ---> 48 points
Lucas Raymond: 19(G) - 27(A) ---> 46 points

Work Load:
Moritz Seider: 23:01 TOI/Game
Filip Hronek: 22:09 TOI/Game
Nick Leddy: 21:33 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Alex Nedjelkovic: 16-18-6 / .903(SV%) / 3.16 GAA
Thomas Greiss: 8-10-1 / .887(SV%) / 3.77 GAA
Calvin Pickard: 1-1-0 / .915(SV%) / 2.90 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This will be yet another game of a somewhat depleted Kraken team having to find a way to get things done with the TDL looming.
Though, the Red Wings are also holding out Nick Leddy and haven't been that great as of late, which means this one should be up for grabs as both teams have to deal with some issues and can be caught off guard.

As far as our goalies goes, Philipp Grubauer was the first goalie off the ice and should be starting to try and get a win against at least one of his fellow countrymen(Seider and Greiss) after falling short in Detroit earlier this season.

Still, let's just enjoy this one knowing full well that one year ago we didn't have a team participating in the NHL and with the fact that Francis does seem to collect some assets to help build something for the future.

And as always....
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Let’s see if DRANKIN works. Made some prison hooch. Wish I was lying, but if you wonder what I drink when I drink, I ALWAYS make it myself. Usually made from foraged foods or leftovers. Always. I have a good hundred bottles of homemade wine with 20ish currently fermenting. Go Kraken.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Let’s see if DRANKIN works. Made some prison hooch. Wish I was lying, but if you wonder what I drink when I drink, I ALWAYS make it myself. Usually made from foraged foods or leftovers. Always. I have a good hundred bottles of homemade wine with 20ish currently fermenting. Go Kraken.
Sticking with my nice Oregon pinot noir.

Reactions: The Marquis

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Could we just shoot it in and chase it once in awhile rather than set a record for back passes that aren't fooling anyone.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Oleksiak with a shot I could pull off this season.

Of note is that I play goaltender this season… for the first time in 10 years of beer league play where I typically played center of LW. Have a game at 11:45pm tonight in fact. Lmfao.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm positive Geekie is a potential 30 goal scorer with 10 goal hands.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Damn good period for us. Some real skill on display.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad