GDT: [Game #63] Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche - 2:30 PM CT (ABC)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Are they going to wait for the Rangers-Bruins game to end before starting Benn’s ceremony?

Wait, not only did they delay this ceremony they also picked a National game so it probably won't even be shown on TV? Interesting choice.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Are they going to wait for the Rangers-Bruins game to end before starting Benn’s ceremony?

ABC won't show shit. I hate when they schedule games this close together. How hard is it to put at least a 30 minute buffer between them?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Wait, not only did they delay this ceremony they also picked a National game so it probably won't even be shown on TV? Interesting choice.

It's always delayed, and Heika said this was Benn's choice for the 4th. It probably worked best for his friends and family.

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
ABC won't show shit. I hate when they schedule games this close together. How hard is it to put at least a 30 minute buffer between them?

That would require the network to fill air for 30 minutes and pay their staff for 30 minutes extra work, not possible.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Yeah, we get a f***ing audio only broadcast via The Ticket. I f***ing hate ESPN with a passion. They've done absolutely nothing but make coverage worse. I watch less hockey than I used to when it was back on NHL.TV or whatever.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Bruins are absolutely steamrolling the Rangers in the third period. The Rangers only have two shots in the third.

Yeah, we get a f***ing audio only broadcast via The Ticket. I f***ing hate ESPN with a passion. They've done absolutely nothing but make coverage worse. I watch less hockey than I used to when it was back on NHL.TV or whatever.
I blame the Stars here for picking this date. They knew it was an ABC game where it would be the second of the day. They knew ABC would never cut away from the first game.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I blame the Stars here for picking this date. They knew it was an ABC game where it would be the second of the day. They knew ABC would never cut away from the first game.

I don't disagree. I'm also just tired of ESPN being dogshit with coverage. I had ESPN+ for a little bit when they first took over and expected it to be good, but it's always a mess and you can't find/access older games easily like you could with NHLTV.

Glad we're missing the first few minutes of the Stars game for the Eastern Conference again though.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I like Dellandrea on the 4th line. Maybe they can get some production out of that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad