GDT: [Game #63] Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche - 2:30 PM CT (ABC)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #63 – 3/4/2023 – 2:30 PM CT – ABC
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Colorado Avalanche
33-16-13, 79 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 34-20-5, 73 pts

1em5YM3.png

3DjZHT8.jpg
sSANHiV.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:avs

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Newhook - Compher - Rantanen
Nieto - Eller - Rodrigues
Cogliano - Malgin - O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Hunt

Georgiev

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
If they keep Seguin at center, I imagine Marchment plays RW on that line. Otherwise, I bet we see Marchment-Domi-Seguin.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think it's reasonable to expect Domi and Seguin's styles to complement each other but what I'm really interested in is if Marchment and Domi get anything going.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I hate Seguin at RW, his play drops every single time it happens. Don't put him at RW please.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Moving forward I wonder if they'd give Dellandrea a couple shifts in Pavs spot so we could lower Pavs minutes and give more time to Dellandrea

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
From what I can tell PDB believes in fluidity of position so just because Seguin is listed at W on the lineup doesn't mean he won't still be playing a bit like a center.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Didn't some of Seguin's best seasons come with him at RW and Spezza at center? Or am I misremembering?
Nah Benn - Seguin was the duo with Seguin playing C and Spezza played with them occasionally (and they looked amazing) but most often he had to support his own line.

I could be wrong but I think it was actually Spezza playing RW on that line more often than Seguin when the 3 were united like that.

Prime Seguin was a ridiculously good center.

Reactions: LT and TangoMcBride

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Didn't some of Seguin's best seasons come with him at RW and Spezza at center? Or am I misremembering?

Nah that was the 2014-15 season where Benn won the Art Ross. The team was Benn, Seguin and Spezza and nobody else that year pretty much

Reactions: TangoMcBride

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If we don't win literally every faceoff in this game then what are we even doing here

Reactions: Elysian

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Nah that was the 2014-15 season where Benn won the Art Ross. The team was Benn, Seguin and Spezza and nobody else that year pretty much
I'm going through the stats from that year now and yeah, you weren't kidding. We're very fortunate to have the team that we do now. We should all be grateful. lmao

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I mean his production drops because he's playing with Radek Faksa

Has nothing to do with Faksa, he has played RW over the course of many season with many players, everytime he is there he is less effective, less engaged, and less useful. It's a bad move.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Has nothing to do with Faksa, he has played RW over the course of many season with many players, everytime he is there he is less effective, less engaged, and less useful. It's a bad move.
The only thing that matters is the reality of post-injury Seguin. You can hide his lack of speed more easily on the wing. He needs to play with a faster, puck-dominant player like Domi. The more important thing is where is Domi going to be most effective and have the easiest transition. Seguin can adapt.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The only thing that matters is the reality of post-injury Seguin. You can hide his lack of speed more easily on the wing. He needs to play with a faster, puck-dominant player like Domi. The more important thing is where is Domi going to be most effective and have the easiest transition. Seguin can adapt.

All we can do is wait and see, heavy load for Domi to carry with Marchment on his left and Seguin on his right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad