GDT: Game 63: Columbus vs. Washington | 3/3 7PM EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Also really liked codys game tonight . Great speed with the puck . If we are going to suck, it's great too see young guys gain confidence going into next year

He's growing on me a bit the last few weeks, he's been playing with an edge in front of the net, dropped em tonight and showed some speed. It's takes defense a LOT longer to develop than forwards, so maybe he'll turn into something for us that I wasn't expecting at all.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Actually had a lot of fun tonight...first time I've been able to say that in a while.

Alex looks really good, actually seems like a natural on the point on the PP. Confidence is night and day from early on with him.

I too would love to see Karlsson up here. Give the fans a glimpse of why they should renew!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I seriously doubt that Karlsson will give the fans a reason to renew. He is an AHL player. Not many people decide to spend several thousand dollars to see AHL players.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Two questions that weren't evident to us at NWA:
1.) What happened to Clarkson?
2.) What caused the delay of game penalty on WSH late in the game?

Clarkson is now a Jacket - like most players he will be hurt for much of the next 5 years. However Muirfield Village or Scioto CC will be happy to have a new initiation fee soon...

:)

As others said its just reported as upper body injury.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I seriously doubt that Karlsson will give the fans a reason to renew. He is an AHL player. Not many people decide to spend several thousand dollars to see AHL players.

Willing to bet at least 30-40% of Jackets fans probably have no clue who he is...

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Clarkson is now a Jacket - like most players he will be hurt for much of the next 5 years. However Muirfield Village or Scioto CC will be happy to have a new initiation fee soon...

:)

As others said its just reported as upper body injury.

Probably punched the wall on the way to locker room after being assessed 10 min misconduct.:sarcasm:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Probably punched the wall on the way to locker room after being assessed 10 min misconduct.:sarcasm:

Sarcasm might not be needed. He was livid at someone or maybe someones just before being sent off. (Our seats are near the tunnel.) Didn't hear anything or note any commotion, but he didn't appear hurt at that time. I wonder what's up?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i just assumed it was a "coach's decision" type thing they tried to cover up with "upper body injury"

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

He played nine AHL games, last season, eight of them in the playoffs. This year, he has 18 NHL games with the Ducks and zero in the AHL (before the trade). No, I doubt if people will pay to see him, but your characterization is baseless.

Edit: I was wrong, he played 37 games in Norfolk, this year, so...

Never mind.

Last edited:

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
I'm late to post on the game, but I liked how the Jackets continued to battle back.

As much as you want to see them beat a rival team, at this point the loss only helps them in regards to the draft.

I REALLY liked the way that Marko Dano played last night, I seriously think this kid is going to out perform Winnberg and Atkinson next year on one of our top two lines. He just seems to play faster, smarter and more physical.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Dano is the brightest spot to have emerged from this season. TR clearly likes him.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I was very impressed with the Wennberg-Dano pairing last night , no matter who was their third. They really seemed to complement each other's game. Wennberg seems to be more of the playmaker type and Dano was all "bull-in-the-china-shop", crashing the net and generating a lot of shots. Don't know how they will pan out in the future, but I am really interested to see how they continue to develop for the rest of this year.

Wennberg on the point for the PP also gave a little different look than with Wiz there (didn't necessarily say better, just different). I don't see him firing bombs from up there like Wiz did, but his vision seems to be very good. Bears watching how the PP looks for the rest of the year if they continue to use him in this manner.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I was very impressed with the Wennberg-Dano pairing last night , no matter who was their third. They really seemed to complement each other's game. Wennberg seems to be more of the playmaker type and Dano was all "bull-in-the-china-shop", crashing the net and generating a lot of shots. Don't know how they will pan out in the future, but I am really interested to see how they continue to develop for the rest of this year.

Wennberg on the point for the PP also gave a little different look than with Wiz there (didn't necessarily say better, just different). I don't see him firing bombs from up there like Wiz did, but his vision seems to be very good. Bears watching how the PP looks for the rest of the year if they continue to use him in this manner.

Having Hartnell on that line seemed to elevate the games of all three.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Dano is the brightest spot to have emerged from this season. TR clearly likes him.

I got the feeling that TR was finally gaining confidence/trust in Marko Dano last night with the increased ice time and throwing him in there during the end of the game powerplay.

Was remarkably impressed with Marko's "get me the puck" mentality he had during the game as well.

Interested to see how his career turns out

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Hartnell got his PP goal thru Dano. Dano had drawn the dman who was protecting the net off to Holtby's right. He also drew Holtby's attention. Then when Hartnell deflected Jack's shot to Holtby's left, it was wide open. What Dano did is what good interference in front of the net is supposed to do --- he diverted the goalie's vision and attention so that there was an opening for the puck to get to the net. Both my friend who was sitting with me and I said at the same time "Dano should get some kind of assist for that".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad