GDT: Game 63: Columbus vs. Washington | 3/3 7PM EST

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
We watch a different game ? Wennberg looked great on point . Had a strong game .

@BlueJacketsNHL: .@wenniss is #CBJ's EV SAT leader so far tonight +10. Jack Johnson and @Hartsy43 each at +8.

First point in 7 games averaging 18 minutes per game.

SAT? College entrance test? What is that stat? Shots attempted?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Looking great scores points in figure skating...but it's hockey and he has 2 goals in 53 games, not exactly the stuff that boosts your PP percentages.

Are you suggesting we don't play someone when they're playing well? Kinda weird message to send.

The season is lost. Might as well get them experience if they earn it.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Looking great scores points in figure skating...but it's hockey and he has 2 goals in 53 games, not exactly the stuff that boosts your PP percentages.

How does that apply to tonight's game we were discussing. He was one of few +1 tonight , had assist, and him and dank were singled out by Richards after game . Looked like 2 of better players on ice tonight

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Seventh game losing streak. Interesting, we win even if one game with Richards still in this season? I think, nope.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Also really liked codys game tonight . Great speed with the puck . If we are going to suck, it's great too see young guys gain confidence going into next year

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Are you suggesting we don't play someone when they're playing well? Kinda weird message to send.

The season is lost. Might as well get them experience if they earn it.

I believe they have overplayed Wennberg all season - minutes and line. I understand they're investing in the future but earlier this year we were playing for the present. The decision to play him in the way that they did hurt the team rather than helped it in the short run He was receiving minutes that he had not earned. There's no question the season is lost so for all I care you can call up all of the AHL players. But you cannot tell me a guy with two goals and 53 games should be on the power play except to say were in the give the kids a chance mode. (I will exempt Dano from these comments).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
True but it's not like we were that great with six men when Wiz was here.

The point I was trying to make that some are refusing to see is he got shots off and ran it well regardless of the amount of players we had on the ice.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I believe they have overplayed Wennberg all season - minutes and line. I understand they're investing in the future but earlier this year we were playing for the present. The decision to play him in the way that they did hurt the team rather than helped it in the short run He was receiving minutes that he had not earned. There's no question the season is lost so for all I care you can call up all of the AHL players. But you cannot tell me a guy with two goals and 53 games should be on the power play except to say were in the give the kids a chance mode. (I will exempt Dano from these comments).

In fairness, he probably got Clarkson's minutes.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The point I was trying to make that some are refusing to see is he got shots off and ran it well regardless of the amount of players we had on the ice.

Or put another way, we were lacking a QB for the power play. No one else stepped up to fill the role. Yeah, I got you.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Agreed.

I would love to see stats on the CBJ PP with Wennberg and without.

Its effectiveness has dropped abruptly of late and I think that the above-desired stat might show us why:naughty:

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

If you're saying he hasn't proven to be a finisher so far, I'm with you. The best place for him is in Springfield so he can get his scoring mojo working, but if were not gonna do that, let's see if he can direct the power play since he's a really good passer.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If you're saying he hasn't proven to be a finisher so far, I'm with you. The best place for him is in Springfield so he can get his scoring mojo working, but if were not gonna do that, let's see if he can direct the power play since he's a real good passer.

I guess we don't look at him the same way. Although I am in firm agreement with the AHL being his appropriate venue now.

I don't mind giving him extra chances, just not the 18-20 minutes per game level.

I feel bad for Richards. Wennberg cannot be getting 20 minutes TOI without serious FO meddling in day-to-day coaching decisions.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Two questions that weren't evident to us at NWA:
1.) What happened to Clarkson?
2.) What caused the delay of game penalty on WSH late in the game?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Two questions that weren't evident to us at NWA:
1.) What happened to Clarkson?
2.) What caused the delay of game penalty on WSH late in the game?

1. Upper body injury
2. Johansson snapped his stick in an effort to try and get a break after the icing. The stick was already broken, no idea why he snapped it

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I agree, I think there's a place for Corsi, but too many stat geeks are making it the primary form of evaluating a player and not even watching the game or the primary stats that have been around for 100 years. He's been much better of late, showing a little confidence, but he needs to get a nose for the net like Dano has, Dano is looking to shoot everytime he is on the ice, same way Ovie does. But I'm not saying anything bad about his game the last week, just needs to shoot more.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad