GDT: Game 63: CBJ @ OTT | They Got Chychrun | 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenkon- excellent work, simply excellent. :thumbu: And Laine excellent shoot. I also like Roslovic's goal. :)
Since when is moving the stick a foul? Adam has again play excellent.
What happened with Johnny?

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He was over PPG, if that’s a passenger for you, ok then

He has been good at creating offense, especially when paired with Laine. But he's a much bigger defensive liability than Laine, contrary to the popular belief

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Honestly - I think the losing has got to Johnny and he isn’t inspired to play his ass off. That is why we possibly head the chatter about Kevin Hayes?
I always thought that a professional should always try to win. As I can see, I was wrong.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I always thought that a professional should always try to win. As I can see, I was wrong.
They are human as well. Losing is hard no matter what level. My contention is when they start the season in hole and just play uninspired from the start that is a problem.

CBJ has pushed back in the 2nd which shows some fight

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
They are human as well. Losing is hard no matter what level. My contention is when they start the season in hole and just play uninspired from the start that is a problem.

CBJ has pushed back in the 2nd which shows some fight
I know there are people. It's just that this is not an excuse. Well, we'll see next season.

Reactions: Youngguns80

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Johnny could just be having a bad game? Going through a bad stretch? Hilarious that we’re suggesting he doesn’t care or that he isn’t trying to win or that he isn’t the best player on the team. Never change, GDT posting.

Reactions: Halfboard

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Johnny could just be having a bad game? Going through a bad stretch? Hilarious that we’re suggesting he doesn’t care or that he isn’t trying to win or that he isn’t the best player on the team. Never change, GDT posting.
I don’t think anyone is saying he doesn’t care but a bad stretch like you said. As for the argument about not being our best player I got nothing - he is our best player

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Laine as his pay suggests is capable of being the best player on the ice from time to time. At their best though Gaudreau is our best player. I will say Gaudreau looks more defeated at times, maybe stings a bit more after coming from Calgary where atleast in the regular season everything went right a year ago.

Last edited:

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

He's not or hasn't been the best player in the team, Laine has been that even with injuries. But Johnny is going to be fantastic for years to come and will help elevate the franchise. He's great. It's not about one game, who even cares when trying to tank

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
My sources are telling me that he is VERY upset that we traded away his best friend Jonathan Quick.

• Haha
Reactions: EspenK

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t understand why we can’t question Gaudreau effort, it’s not there, it’s obvious for all of us. Nobody questions his status on the team, he’s the best player by far, but his effort is lacking and we can ask legit questions like why it’s happening.

San Jose got absolutely trashed by Washington at home. They’re certainly a big threat for our tank now. Chicago losing too

This is absolutely atrocious - the league makes sure we lose now :D Clear penalty not called and Stutzle scores an easy SHG

Reactions: Marioesque

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its one of many areas Larsen annoys me. A lost game in a lost season and he doesnt even speak up. Why does he just sit there and take this garbage?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don’t understand why we can’t question Gaudreau effort, it’s not there, it’s obvious for all of us. Nobody questions his status on the team, he’s the best player by far, but his effort is lacking and we can ask legit questions like why it’s happening.

San Jose got absolutely trashed by Washington at home. They’re certainly a big threat for our tank now. Chicago losing too

This is absolutely atrocious - the league makes sure we lose now :D Clear penalty not called and Stutzle scores an easy SHG.
The laziest response to a post that challenges one’s stated position is to suggest that the challenge means “we can’t” do something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad