GDT: Game 63 - CBJ at NSH - 22 Feb, 8pm

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I don't know what Werenski was supposed to do otherwise. He's trying to get in the passing lane on a 2-on-1, and Forsberg made a good pass. And Elvis, well... I don't know what you want from him, either. He's gotta cover the shot until the pass is made, and there just wasn't enough time to get across.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I don't know what Werenski was supposed to do otherwise. He's trying to get in the passing lane on a 2-on-1, and Forsberg made a good pass. And Elvis, well... I don't know what you want from him, either. He's gotta cover the shot until the pass is made, and there just wasn't enough time to get across.
Jody disagrees on Zach

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Jody disagrees on Zach
He said it was Zach's job to take away the pass, which is pretty much what I said. But when it's a 2-on-1, sometimes that pass will get through.

Besides... none of that happens if PLD isn't treating the puck like he's allergic to it in the first place.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
He said it was Zach's job to take away the pass, which is pretty much what I said. But when it's a 2-on-1, sometimes that pass will get through.

Besides... none of that happens if PLD isn't treating the puck like he's allergic to it in the first place.
Agree on PLD. His puck work hasn’t been good lately.....

edit: reread your post and see you did address the passing lane issue so you were on point.

Reactions: KCbus

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
No reason to get your blood pressure up expecting the unexpected. Unfortunately, there's going to be a lot of similar looking games the rest of the season. Disappointing but I can't get upset at any of the players that are trying their best under difficult circumstances. Literally have one semi NHL forward line, Zach, a good defensive shut down line and and a bunch of AHL players. It is what it is.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I’ll be disappointed if Jarmo doesn’t sell on Monday. Standing pat or selling will likely have the same result anyway, zero chance this team makes a run, the tank is clearly empty

Reactions: Byrral

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I’ll be disappointed if Jarmo doesn’t sell on Monday. Standing pat or selling will likely have the same result anyway, zero chance this team makes a run, the tank is clearly empty

I don't know that we have anyone coming back soon that really moves the needle. If you get a good offer, take it.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Watching the Canes game with one eye and both Carolina goalies have been injured and the emergency back up is in. Canes lead in the 2nd 4-1, but for how long? Dave Ayers 42 years old is now the goalie for Carolina/

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Nashville in many ways isn’t as good as their talent should make them. In some ways they remind me of the Jackets in the first quarter of the season, not knowing what kind of team identity they wanted - a solid defensive team or a finesse, skill team.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Watching the Canes game with one eye and both Carolina goalies have been injured and the emergency back up is in. Canes lead in the 2nd 4-1, but for how long? Dave Ayers 42 years old is now the goalie for Carolina/
Several Leaf players giving him stick taps as he skated off......hockey players=sportsmanship:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad