GDT: Game 63 - CBJ at NSH - 22 Feb, 8pm

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I created that thread.
and after every lose, you continue to comment.
it's becoming pretty annoying, honestly.
it's simply a coincidence. thinking it's a jinx thread is childish. you're better than that, and you're also better than commenting the same damn comment after every lose.

also just realized that I spelled loss wrong and I haven't even started drinking (yettt) . whops. cheers.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Matteau being your second shooter, is all you needed to know in that game . The ultimate Torts player, little offensive creativity , straight ahead player
Matteau has a 42% shootout percentage for his career in the AHL. No one else is doing anything, so why not. Again, pinning a loss on someone that had nothing to do with it.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Matteau has a 42% shootout percentage for his career in the AHL. No one else is doing anything, so why not. Again, pinning a loss on someone that had nothing to do with it.

and I honestly don't see why someone complained about his shot either. he nearly raised it over saros' left shoulder.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Why not throw Werenski out there for the SO? He has a good wrist-shot for a d-man
Checking Werenski's shootout stats, he is 0-2 in his career. It must not be considered a strength, but that is an awfully small sample size. I am surprised he hasn't tried more.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't know what Werenski was supposed to do otherwise. He's trying to get in the passing lane on a 2-on-1, and Forsberg made a good pass. And Elvis, well... I don't know what you want from him, either. He's gotta cover the shot until the pass is made, and there just wasn't enough time to get across.

If the Jackets make the play, no one in our GDT is talking about bad defensive coverage or goalies out of position. They’re talking about a perfect pass and needed work to finish.

But for whatever reason we just can’t give it up for an opponent — everything against the Jackets that happens must be someone’s fault.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
If the Jackets make the play, no one in our GDT is talking about bad defensive coverage or goalies out of position. They’re talking about a perfect pass and needed work to finish.

But for whatever reason we just can’t give it up for an opponent — everything against the Jackets that happens must be someone’s fault.
I think that's a natural tendency of ALL sports fans. They tend to focus on it from the point of view of their own team, not the opponent. But yeah -- that was just a pretty good play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad