GDT: Game #63 2/28 7PM - Arizona at BRUINS - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I actually thought that was pretty dangerous the way the dude grabbed Miller around the neck. But maybe that's just me.

It was. I was incensed that the Bs did not get a PP out of that. Chiller should have obviously got nothing and if anything the Bs should have had at minimum a 2 min PP out of that. Dude just bumrushed Chiller and took him down by his neck. Reffing is so shoddy in this league.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Wonder how the anti-Bruin main board viewed that hit. Would take a look, but the last time I went there it was a cesspool of humanity and an encyclopedia of ignorance.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Wonder how the anti-Bruin main board viewed that hit. Would take a look, but the last time I went there it was a cesspool of humanity and an encyclopedia of ignorance.

Actually the thread on the hit is 99% saying it was clean and should not have been penalized.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
4 goals. 14 shots. gotta love no clode

Backes last 7 games with Claude 0 points -7

7 + games with Cassidy 8 points +10

Best move professionally Claude ever made was signing that 5 year deal

Had he waited he'd be in the echl next year

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Man, the Bruins have played like soft dog poop, but they are winning. I guess we'll take it, but if it wasn't for Rask, this game would not be going too well for us.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
IMO that was not a "botched" call. The refs deliberately called it a penalty because the downed player was clearly seriously hurt. And that my friends is 100% pure bovine excrement :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Didn't have a good feeling at the beginning of the game...Arizona started strong

but what you know Bruins score the 1st again

then things look downhill with the penalty major and Nash scores the PK goal

There is a halo around Cassidy or something.... incredible how all the breaks are for the Bruins

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
IMO that was not a "botched" call. The refs deliberately called it a penalty because the downed player was clearly seriously hurt. And that my friends is 100% pure bovine excrement :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

yup that's what it looked like to me

big fast hit that caused major damage, refs felt obligated to call something because of how scary it was looking.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The only thing Miller could have done to make that hit cleaner was .... not make the hit at all. And it's a hit that's allowed to be made.

He had his elbow down.
He tried to get as reasonably low as he could, but the player's head was low and forward. How low is Miller expected to go?
He even turned his shoulder a little away at the end, and made the hit more with his back/backside.
He certainly wasn't charging. He was coasting, and the player had the puck for a good 1-2 strides.

It's a tough predicament; there's only so much you can do when the player's head is low and in front.

Glad to see the thumbs up as they were wheeling him off.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
In the play/video you see Miller turn his hip into the opposing player will that be considered illegal/against the rules? What ever I don't see anything wrong with it but I'm sure the NHL will find fault of some sort.

Short of getting out of the way, I don't know what else Miller could do. He was committed to the hit and braced for contact.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I would pay top dollar to see Pandolfo in clown make up telling jokes in his normal voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad