C5wZDXgWYAIkxZY.jpg:large

gCfI63Z.jpg

Vd2jiPo.jpg

aXdybKO.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_kowal.jpg
130p_hebertj.jpg

Referees Tom Kowal (32), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Massachusetts State Trooper Katy Downey

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs ARIZONA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Coyotes are meeting for the 75th time in their histories (includes Arizona franchise as Winnipeg Jets) with the Bruins having a 46-20-7-1 record and 279-218 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 25-6-4-1 in their 36 home games of this lifetime series with a 152-103 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins have won the last 9 games between these teams, including a 2-1 win in Arizona on 11/12 in the 1st game of this season’s series, with their last loss to the Coyotes a 5-2 home setback in Prague on 10/9/2010 … They have won their last 3 home games vs. Arizona with an 8-2-1-1 mark in their last 12 home games of this lifetime series.

Fun Facts – The Bruins are 16-8-2-1 overall vs. the Coyotes since they relocated to Arizona in 1996 … Shane Doan (13th season) & Zdeno Chara (11th season) are the NHL’s 2 longest-serving current captains.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Coyotes tonight in the 2nd & final game between these teams and the Coyotes’ lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 32-24-6 thus far this season with a 15-13-0 mark on home ice … They are 6-4-0 vs. Pacific Division opponents and are 11-10-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are opening a 3-game home stand tonight following a 4-game road trip, which matched their longest such trek of the season … They will host the NY Rangers on Thursday & New Jersey on Saturday to finish the home stint.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 2 goals short of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (135 total man-games lost)

None

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1488231901000

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope the crowd gets into the game right away! The B's are playing with so much confidence so let's keep it rolling!!!

GO BRUINS!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It may sound strange, but this is the type of game where we will really see how different Cassidy's Bruins are compared to Julien's.

Coming home after a successful road trip, confidence high, facing an opponent that many will overlook.

Do the Bruins lay an egg in front of their hometown fans against a weaker opponent as we have seen multiple times the last 3 seasons under Julien.

Or do they come out and play a strong game, knowing how crucial these two points are?

We shall see.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This should be a fun one. Marchand gets a hatty and the Bruins Cruise to a 7-2 win :yo:

it "should" be but I`m not going to have those expectations. Seen too many times teams coming back from a long roadie and falling asleep in game one.

Therefor, I say it`s only 5-2 B`s:laugh:

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Going to the game tonight with my 10 year old son. He's a 'yotes fan somehow. Also loves the Bruins too. He's wearing his old school original 'yotes jersey. Looking forward to having a father son night at the game. It was supposed to be his forst game, but we scored free tickets to the MLK day game against the Islanders. That game sucked, hopefully this is better. I was originally looking at this as a scheduled loss, with it being the first game back after a long west coast road trip. Not so sure now, as the team is playing pretty well.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
It may sound strange, but this is the type of game where we will really see how different Cassidy's Bruins are compared to Julien's.

Coming home after a successful road trip, confidence high, facing an opponent that many will overlook.

Do the Bruins lay an egg in front of their hometown fans against a weaker opponent as we have seen multiple times the last 3 seasons under Julien.

Or do they come out and play a strong game, knowing how crucial these two points are?

We shall see.

It doesn't sound strange to me, I was thinking the same thing. This is the kind of game that just a couple of weeks ago there was only a 50/50 chance that the team would show up for. I still remember the Bruins not showing up for games at the end of last season when the playoffs were on the line.

With that said, I do expect to see Luke Schenn get his seemingly annual goal against the Bruins:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

We shall see.

we`ll see, as you alluded to, it`s not an uncommon theme for teams returning from a roadie to lay an egg in game 1 at home

I`m going to lean on the side of this team maybe starting a bit sluggish but picking it up by the 2nd

My belief is this, Cassidy won`t allow for this team to glide around, I look at the last 5 minutes of the Stars game as an example, this team could easily have gotten to center ice and dumped the puck in, didn`t happen, they kept on the attack, like they were behind by one

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
IIRC didn't that play a big part in ending his career? He's a northeastern boy.

You aren't the only one who recalls that, I do too

Poor guy bit off more than he could chew. Him and Moen. Miller is a career killer. That punch power is no joke

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Going to the game tonight with my 10 year old son. He's a 'yotes fan somehow. Also loves the Bruins too. He's wearing his old school original 'yotes jersey. Looking forward to having a father son night at the game. It was supposed to be his forst game, but we scored free tickets to the MLK day game against the Islanders. That game sucked, hopefully this is better. I was originally looking at this as a scheduled loss, with it being the first game back after a long west coast road trip. Not so sure now, as the team is playing pretty well.

If my memory serves me well I recall the utter disappointment you and your son experienced in the abysmal effort the B's put in against the Isles in that game. Inclined to believe the way the team has been performing you will have a much more satisfying experience in this one.

Tell your son not to be shy about displaying his love for the Yotes and or the Bruins. We may have favourite teams that we cheer for but first and formost we are all hockey fans. Enjoy the experience with your son. It is one of the more enjoyable stages for parents when you have a young kid at his age. They do indeed grow up very fast before your eyes.

All the best. Cheers!

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Cassidy had them prepared to play on the West coast trip following the lay off. Another test for him to have them ready for this one and avoid the dreaded let down teams experience in the first game when returning from a road trip.

Yotes are a very young team that are not to be taken lightly. Smith is a very good GT on a not so good team and can still stymie and team. No time to relax with so much to gain with valuable points on the line.

Let's Go Bruin's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad