GDT: Game 62: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 7pm ET, MSG (Do we want Florida?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I get looking for a controlled breakout and waiting an extra half second for it to develop, but we had 2 goals scored against us last game because of it, and were hemmed in multiple other times as well. If you’re not sure just clear the effin zone Goodrow.

Had some bad puck luck with deflections both ways last game and lost on a post-out and they won on a post-in. Play better 5 on 5 and that won’t be an issue.

Clearing it for the sake of eliminating danger is always the last option for them. It's like they're conditioned to try and make a play every time, and as a result they do a weak poke at it in an attempt to spring someone.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
We played them well last time, didn't win. A convincing win tonight can help alleviate a lot of doubts
You know where you're posting, right? A win will be just as bad for most people's morale if it's not a 60-minute domination clinic. Here are the quick hits if they do win tonight: The team is fraudulent, every player is the worst player in the league if you look at this and that metric and they make everything around them the absolute worst thing imaginable by waking up, it's just a regular season game, NYR aren't built for playoffs.

Anyway, LGR!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You know where you're posting, right? A win will be just as bad for most people's morale if it's not a 60-minute domination clinic. Here are the quick hits if they do win tonight: The team is fraudulent, every player is the worst player in the league if you look at this and that metric and they make everything around them the absolute worst thing imaginable by waking up, it's just a regular season game, NYR aren't built for playoffs.

Anyway, LGR!
I've been consistent. Mika has been trash all season at 5v5, with a few good game sprinkled in between. Lindgren and Trouba are major dead weight. Goodrow is more dead weight.

Zibs needs to get it together. There's no way around it. It will be near impossible to win a cup with him with his current 5v5 form.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I've been consistent. Mika has been trash all season at 5v5, with a few good game sprinkled in between. Lindgren and Trouba are major dead weight. Goodrow is more dead weight.

Zibs needs to get it together. There's no way around it. It will be near impossible to win a cup with him with his current 5v5 form.
He also sucks on the Powerplay now too and is the major reason why our Powerplay has hit the skids

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Clearing it for the sake of eliminating danger is always the last option for them. It's like they're conditioned to try and make a play every time, and as a result they do a weak poke at it in an attempt to spring someone.
This is my hockey hell. It is the same playbook for years. And it always bites you in the butt. I rather them be the worse defending team off the rush than a team that fails to clear only for it to end up in the net.

Ice the puck if you have to. Every damned time. Just fire it as hard as you can out of the zone.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Play a simpler game and there's a chance of coming out on top in the W column. Try to globetrot and Florida will take advantage.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
This is my hockey hell. It is the same playbook for years. And it always bites you in the butt. I rather them be the worse defending team off the rush than a team that fails to clear only for it to end up in the net.

Ice the puck if you have to. Every damned time. Just fire it as hard as you can out of the zone.
Exiting with possession is the name of the game. Problem is that every year at least half our defense has to be league worst level horrible at doing it. It really isn’t supposed to be this hard

I haven’t looked this year but the guy who does the All Three Zones Project tracks every game and usually has NYR as an abysmal controlled zone exit team with Lindgren/Trouba/Schneider typically being the worst offenders

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It would be nice if guys like Cuylle and Goodrow stepped up and helped out with the rough stuff when it happens tonight. I'd like to see Rempe have a break from all the fighting.

If anyone is going to fight its should be the captain. In a game against your biggest threat that likes to play rough.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad