GDT: Game 62: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 3/1 5PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
These last 19 games could be very brutal. The team is in a downward spiral and I do not see anyone or anything that can turn them around. I could see us easily making it to the fourth pick in the draft.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
These last 19 games could be very brutal. The team is in a downward spiral and I do not see anyone or anything that can turn them around. I could see us easily making it to the fourth pick in the draft.

That's still not going to be low enough for a blue chip guy, right?

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012

We've seen this show before - they'll likely lose a couple more post trade deadline before they get their heads right and come up with a few decent performances down the stretch. Hoping to see good performances out of guys like Wennberg, Dano and Bob to provide some hope for next season.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
It shows a lack of killer instinct, if you aren't pissed off when you're losing, you'll never be a winner, plain and simple. Shows they don't care. The whole team was garbage, that's not a question but if I was a coach or teammate, that would piss me off to see someone joking and laughing when you're getting embarrassed

So now he was joking AND laughing. Did you have access to some sound feed we didn't? I mean, clearly you understand the entire context of that 3 second clip so please enlighten us.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So now he was joking AND laughing. Did you have access to some sound feed we didn't? I mean, clearly you understand the entire context of that 3 second clip so please enlighten us.

I've never played with anyone yet that was laughing during or after a loss yet that had killer instinct. There's a reason he was a healthy scratch in AHL playoffs and his name never comes up for captain

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With the exception of Letestu, I hate our fourth line this year. I loved it last season.

Comeau - MacKenzie - Letestu > Tropp - Letestu - Boll

No words were ever truer..........they wasted Letestu this year.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a Head Coach Hartsberg before the end of the calendar year.

Damned Lee....you are on a roll. I have to admit I didn't think that TR would get the pink slip because of all the injuries and disruption this season. But this stretch of poor play has me rethinking that stance,

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
With the exception of Letestu, I hate our fourth line this year. I loved it last season.

Comeau - MacKenzie - Letestu > Tropp - Letestu - Boll

If I had to criticize HCTR for one thing this year it would be his use of Letesu, or lack there of.

No one in the the league deserves more ice time and a chance to play with two other line mates who know how to spell hockey

I'd bolt for another team next year if I was Letesu, totally mis-managed

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I'm not sure there are too many franchises that need to figure out how to put even two passable back to back seasons together worse than this one.

Of course, that would finally create those expectations that some fans and media members still fear.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I've never played with anyone yet that was laughing during or after a loss yet that had killer instinct. There's a reason he was a healthy scratch in AHL playoffs and his name never comes up for captain

If he was moping around, you'd ***** about that.

I guess it's easier to draw conclusions on a quick shot of a bench conversation when you know you have this old horse in your back pocket. Dice in a little "back when I played" nonsense to add credibility and you think your point is sound. The captain crack is another nonsensical comment of yours. Lots of NHL players aren't captain material. Who cares about that and what does it have to do with the price of beans?

Kid is 22, and quickly becoming one of the stars in the league. I'm willing to bet that a quick laugh and head shake on the bench after two guys took a run at him after he delivered a big hit is more of a 'wow, wtf was that' conversation.

Did you notice the hit, or just the laugh? How about the shorthanded goal? or the hit on Crosby in the opening seconds? Probably not...after all, since you played, you're looking for the really important things like facial expressions on the bench, right?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

I guess it's easier to draw conclusions on a quick shot of a bench conversation when you know you have this old horse in your back pocket. Dice in a little "back when I played" nonsense to add credibility and you think your point is sound. The captain crack is another nonsensical comment of yours. Lots of NHL players aren't captain material. Who cares about that and what does it have to do with the price of beans?

Kid is 22, and quickly becoming one of the stars in the league. I'm willing to bet that a quick laugh and head shake on the bench after two guys took a run at him after he delivered a big hit is more of a 'wow, wtf was that' conversation.

Did you notice the hit, or just the laugh? How about the shorthanded goal? or the hit on Crosby in the opening seconds? Probably not...after all, since you played, you're looking for the really important things like facial expressions on the bench, right?

“A winner is nothing more than a player on a winning team. A losing player is a guy who played on a losing team that year.†- Earl Weaver

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Also remember that every spot we move up (down?) in the draft, we pick up a slightly higher chance to win the lottery.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

He played a good game, I never said he didn't! The guy wasn't even looking, they collided incidentally, he wasn't trying to hit him even, you act like he squared him up at center ice with a bone crunching check. It just pissed me off that he was laughing! It should make any fan mad that it's not pissing them off when they are getting run out of the building by their rivals and they wasted another season! A good team goes down swinging, literally, when they are blown out, not limping to the end of the game laughing. We aren't turning any corners until we get the killer instinct and get pissed off when they lose! Dubi is visibly angry after losses, that's the way I want the whole damn team to be and so should you!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He played a good game, I never said he didn't! The guy wasn't even looking, they collided incidentally, he wasn't trying to hit him even, you act like he squared him up at center ice with a bone crunching check. It just pissed me off that he was laughing! It should make any fan mad that it's not pissing them off when they are getting run out of the building by their rivals and they wasted another season! A good team goes down swinging, literally, when they are blown out, not limping to the end of the game laughing. We aren't turning any corners until we get the killer instinct and get pissed off when they lose! Dubi is visibly angry after losses, that's the way I want the whole damn team to be and so should you!

I completely relate and identify with what you are saying here. I agree with you philosophically, but I'm not sure that I want to make a judgement of Johansen based on two seconds of video without knowing the context. It's not like he was sitting on the bench eating a hot dog.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I completely relate and identify with what you are saying here. I agree with you philosophically, but I'm not sure that I want to make a judgement of Johansen based on two seconds of video without knowing the context. It's not like he was sitting on the bench eating a hot dog.

Yeah, look at this loser who probably never had any sort of NHL career after this point.

olaf_f_zoom.jpg

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I'm not totally crapping on him, he's had a good/very good year. I HATE the Pens more than any other team in any sport in history, so I get extremely mad when we lose to them and I just expect the same from our players. I would like to see them get angry, break a stick, take a run at someone, do SOMETHING to show you aren't mailing in the last month of the season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad