GDT: Game 62: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 3/1 5PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not totally crapping on him, he's had a good/very good year. I HATE the Pens more than any other team in any sport in history, so I get extremely mad when we lose to them and I just expect the same from our players. I would like to see them get angry, break a stick, take a run at someone, do SOMETHING to show you aren't mailing in the last month of the season!

The issue is if they do that in public view, then people say "he's lost his composure" or "that wasn't professional." Better to do that stuff, and I hope they did, in the locker room, away from the cameras, and do it during intermissions when they can still change the game.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The issue is if they do that in public view, then people say "he's lost his composure" or "that wasn't professional." Better to do that stuff, and I hope they did, in the locker room, away from the cameras, and do it during intermissions when they can still change the game.

I don't mind them losing their composure, ala Dubi smashing the Gatorade jug in the penalty box for the Rangers, shows they care and are mad. That's how you improve, by getting mad when you lose and don't like that feeling or want that happening again!

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He played a good game, I never said he didn't! The guy wasn't even looking, they collided incidentally, he wasn't trying to hit him even, you act like he squared him up at center ice with a bone crunching check. It just pissed me off that he was laughing! It should make any fan mad that it's not pissing them off when they are getting run out of the building by their rivals and they wasted another season! A good team goes down swinging, literally, when they are blown out, not limping to the end of the game laughing. We aren't turning any corners until we get the killer instinct and get pissed off when they lose! Dubi is visibly angry after losses, that's the way I want the whole damn team to be and so should you!

Really...getting on your spap box telling other fans how they should want the players to act? Um, ok.

It's a lost season. Leading in MGL. Leading in payroll of players not playing games. Plenty of pros in all sports have been seen joking/laughing during a bad loss. Of all the crap going on with the franchise right now, this "incident" is about last on the list.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Really...getting on your spap box telling other fans how they should want the players to act? Um, ok.

It's a lost season. Leading in MGL. Leading in payroll of players not playing games. Plenty of pros in all sports have been seen joking/laughing during a bad loss. Of all the crap going on with the franchise right now, this "incident" is about last on the list.

Kinda contradictory to tell me I shouldn't tell other fans how they should want the players to act when you're telling me how I should feel and act....Um, ok.

It's not a big issue, but it made me mad, I'm over it

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
He played a good game, I never said he didn't! The guy wasn't even looking, they collided incidentally, he wasn't trying to hit him even, you act like he squared him up at center ice with a bone crunching check. It just pissed me off that he was laughing! It should make any fan mad that it's not pissing them off when they are getting run out of the building by their rivals and they wasted another season! A good team goes down swinging, literally, when they are blown out, not limping to the end of the game laughing. We aren't turning any corners until we get the killer instinct and get pissed off when they lose! Dubi is visibly angry after losses, that's the way I want the whole damn team to be and so should you!

I'm not making any assumptions to intent, but he hit him either way. It being incidental actually adds to how harmless this whole thing is. I see people laugh at funerals all of the time, that doesn't mean they're not sad.

You see one thing and want to believe that's how the kid, and by extrapolation the team, acted the entire time. He seemed to have plenty of fight on that shorthanded goal. Or were you watching the bench for giggles when that happened?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

That's the best part - then we can complain about EVERYTHING a player does!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not making any assumptions to intent, but he hit him either way. It being incidental actually adds to how harmless this whole thing is. I see people laugh at funerals all of the time, that doesn't mean they're not sad.

You see one thing and want to believe that's how the kid, and by extrapolation the team, acted the entire time. He seemed to have plenty of fight on that shorthanded goal. Or were you watching the bench for giggles when that happened?

A funeral is the perfect description of that game and this season.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
It really is funny. I just really don't care anymore. I find myself watching guys like Wennberg and Dano to see how they are progressing, but other then that....meh.

As far as losing, it just doesn't make any difference to me at this point. Having been a STH since day one, I am so over being upset. I really am good with tanking for a draft pick that could actually make a difference on this team right away, not one that will play in Springfield for a few years, and maybe be a difference maker.

If there was ever a season to tank, this is it, and we have good reason to tank with all the injuries.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
same Dr Fire...preparing for next year already...would like to see Anderson get some more time up here...and maybe bring back Chaput for a final look...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
same Dr Fire...preparing for next year already...would like to see Anderson get some more time up here...and maybe bring back Chaput for a final look...

Like Anderson.. but, feel like the story is already out on Chaput.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Observations from this week

1. Dubinsky should be made captain
2. Jared Boll should be in the FHL
3. Whoever is doing the music now at NWA doesn't know how to tell who's power play is upcoming. He / She plays the power play music every time there is a call...

Great post.

With the exception of Letestu, I hate our fourth line this year. I loved it last season.

Comeau - MacKenzie - Letestu > Tropp - Letestu - Boll

Yes, yes, yes. And I do think 4th lines are an important part of any winning team. When you get 10+ minutes of solid hockey from your 4th, the whole team plays better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad