GDT: Game # 62 Anaheim “Not so Mighty” Ducks Vs. Viva Las Vegas 02/23/2020 @ 10PM EST on NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Getz does look like he's in float mode again lately. Overall, I can't really blame him, but damn...you get a chance in OT , you'd think that would be enough for a flush of energy.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Getzlaf had one of the worst games I've ever seen from him in 15 years. Jesus
It wasn’t just tonight. He was equally horrific against Colorado. I don’t have enough fingers to count the number of horribad passes he’s made over the last two games trying to force something that wasn’t there, or just trying to be extra cute.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Getz can float for the rest of year, it's over and we don't need him putting out any more energy than he needs to.

Before this year went to oblivion we could see his switch go on, so the coasting now doesn't bother me at all because it doesn't matter and he knows it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Theodore is going to have 50 points
The only dman the ducks have ever drafted that scored 50 points for them was Oleg Tverdovsky, who did it after having been traded! for whatever reason we cannot seem to develop elite OFD
fowler likely could've been that guy but the team decided to develop him into an "all around d-man"

Oct 18, 2011
3 years ago this team won the division and went to the Conference finals lol. And we pretty much do, they've acquired extra firsts two years in a row now and are committed to the young players, you don't have to blow everything up to rebuild.

But either way, that has nothing to do with you wanting to copy Carolina's decade long search for relevancy.
by 3 years I mean the last 3 seasons, the last 2 RC years and this one. The SJ series and that season as a whole should've been a sign to Bob that the window was closing

Oct 18, 2011
The hindsight play is to negotiate a deal where they get Vatanen and likely even give up something for him more than taking Stoner, but thats hindsight for you. Not sure most teams would give up the proven top 4 guy over the skilled but flawed prospect when they're coming off a conference finals appearance.
there isn't any hindsight, giving away Theodore was stupid and not necessary Bob had no leverage at all because he wouldn't talk to Bieksa to waive his NMC when he was never going to be picked.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Getz can float for the rest of year, it's over and we don't need him putting out any more energy than he needs to.

Before this year went to oblivion we could see his switch go on, so the coasting now doesn't bother me at all because it doesn't matter and he knows it.

If you look at his career pretty much every one of his worst seasons are in years where the team isn't good. The scouts might've been right all along about his attitude/compete level, we were just too good for most of his career for it to come into effect.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

if thats the case (that getz is allowed to float) then why don't we just shut him down? lets give 1st line minutes to guys like steel/jones/sherwood. bring up sprong/comtois and just let them all play big minutes in the NHL

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If you look at his career pretty much every one of his worst seasons are in years where the team isn't good. The scouts might've been right all along about his attitude/compete level, we were just too good for most of his career for it to come into effect.
I don't think it's an attitude problem because I don't think he was the reason any of our bad teams have been bad.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
there isn't any hindsight, giving away Theodore was stupid and not necessary Bob had no leverage at all because he wouldn't talk to Bieksa to waive his NMC when he was never going to be picked.

He did ask Bieksa to waive it. I don't know why you guys always ignore that Bieksa wasn't the only roadblock but for some reason you do.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
if thats the case (that getz is allowed to float) then why don't we just shut him down? lets give 1st line minutes to guys like steel/jones/sherwood. bring up sprong/comtois and just let them all play big minutes in the NHL
When do you see that in the NHL though? I can't recall any time that has happened.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't think it's an attitude problem because I don't think he was the reason any of our bad teams have been bad.

He's not the reason but him being able to turn off when he cares goes back a ways. His last year of junior was rough because he knew he should be in the NHL and didn't give a shit about the WHL regular season. If for whatever reason he ended up on a contender I wouldnt doubt if he lit it up right now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He's not the reason but him being able to turn off when he cares goes back a ways. His last year of junior was rough because he knew he should be in the NHL and didn't give a shit about the WHL regular season. If for whatever reason he ended up on a contender I wouldnt doubt if he lit it up right now.
Maybe it's just me but I don't see a problem with that.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
by 3 years I mean the last 3 seasons, the last 2 RC years and this one. The SJ series and that season as a whole should've been a sign to Bob that the window was closing

With the contracts we had/have there was zero reason to start a rebuild until the window was slammed shut, which it was a little over a year ago.

This'll be year two with multiple firsts, is shaping up to be year 2 of drafting franchise-level talents and we've done it while not being an embarrassment and keeping many talented players. I have no idea how anyone's whining about how this has gone thus far.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We can all look forward to having Bill and Shea score on us for the next 5+ years in our division haha. Must feel like when Forsberg scores on Washington. And for what? To not have Bieksa waive his NTC, and for Wisnieski whom Murray previously traded since he went to arbitration. But hey, we will have Backes in his retirement year for a 25 year old Kase lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad