Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
This Swiss cheese of a team records its 1st regulation loss in weeks and suddenly the sky is falling.
If one seriously looks at this pedestrian team as a whole, they'd be praising Monty and not be hoping he's fired.
At this point I still have him as COY.
Ad nuaseam, I don't believe that any NHL coach has done more with less than Jim has done.

tTheVeganWoofMate

Adopt.Volunteer. Rescued is the best breed!
Mar 21, 2019
NJ
Yeah, "coach of the year" award is a such a joke. I know that they broke records but I can only imagine what Cassidy would've done with that juggernaut of a team. Never know now of course but Monty's big head was the size of a weather balloon when he won that. Probably the worst thing that could've happened for him because then he thought it was all about him IMHO. He couldn't even take responsibility for throwing away the series the way HE did.
You just in from the “1st Place in the Atlantic on Groundhog Day” parade?
Maybe the .744 win % parade??

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He set a pts record he could have been swept and safe.As we move forward though he needs to get this team playing better then what we have been seeing the last few weeks .
Even last year the goaltending was amazing all season, never dipped until the playoffs.

Won them a shit ton of games

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Cassidy would have scolded Lauko or Debrusk instead for the loss.

Bruins need the next coach in between. Or Tortorella.

Lauko was still hustling for pucks late 3rd and even had some emotion slamming his stick in frustration. I don't think a single other player showed any ounce of anger

Final score might look bad, but after the Isles went up five the Bs outscored them 1 to 0 the rest of the way, so feels like a half win really.
I think the big win is we didn't give up any 3rd period goals either

Reactions: EverettMike

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
He set a pts record he could have been swept and safe.As we move forward though he needs to get this team playing better then what we have been seeing the last few weeks .
Breaking news:

Jim Montgomery, coach of the Boston Bruins, has just enrolled at Harvard. He's planning on taking a course in Polishing Shit 101.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Lauko was still hustling for pucks late 3rd and even had some emotion slamming his stick in frustration. I don't think a single other player showed any ounce of anger

I think the big win is we didn't give up any 3rd period goals either
Well Henien and Geekie were seen smiling and laughing after the game. So that's fun

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I don't see us making the playoffs at this point. The team is so bad since the all-star break. A passive team that has completely lost/abandoned its structured defense-first approach. Montgomery started implementing this looser approach last year by encouraging D-men to jump up on plays to add offense. It resulted in a ton of odd man rushes against us but our goalies saved us by standing on their heads. They have been very good this year but not as good as last year. I think we will be behind Toronto in the standings after next Thursday. I am definitely not a Montgomery fan.
We’re in a playoff spot by 18 points. A few more loser points should sew it up. Do I have confidence in them in the playoffs? No. But I did have confidence last year and look what happened. Make it to the dance and roll the dice, as the don says.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
We’re in a playoff spot by 18 points. A few more loser points should sew it up. Do I have confidence in them in the playoffs? No. But I did have confidence last year and look what happened. Make it to the dance and roll the dice, as the don says.
Wouldn’t beating the Leafs in an epic game 7 in Toronto be awesome ?

Reactions: BTO

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Breaking news:

Jim Montgomery, coach of the Boston Bruins, has just enrolled at Harvard. He's planning on taking a course in Polishing Shit 101.
Yea well he had a juggernaut last season and failed to.He has to get these lines set once and for all and get that pk figured out .If he has to take Macs PP mins and slice them so you can use him on pk a bit more or whatever it takes .Start coaching because it's your job not hammer out excuses like you .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad