Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Good teams don't mail in games. Stanley Cup contenders don't mail in games.
I remember preaching back before they won in 2011, that you know a team is a contender when they hate losing by more than 2 goals, and rarely, if ever do so. That 2011 team was built that way, mentally. This team looks like there is something bad going on under the skin. It's not good.
This team is built with no warrior except Marchy and Stallion, others are without character players and you dont win championship without warrioir ready to pay the price, bleed, play hard...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This team is built with no warrior except Marchy and Stallion, others are without character players and you dont win championship without warrioir ready to pay the price, bleed, play hard...
Nope. That is false.

Many players on the Bs are good players with a lot of character. They may not be as talented as top level players (except Pasta who has tons of character) but to say they are without character is incorrect.

tTheVeganWoofMate

Adopt.Volunteer. Rescued is the best breed!
Mar 21, 2019
NJ
Personally I don’t care if they finish first in the conference or eighth after last season,and you really have to wonder do the players here last season deep down have that same mentality.There 20 points up I believe on the 9th spot so making the playoffs is a given .
It would be amazing if they blew it. The isles and devils are just not that good.
Either way they won’t win more than one game this playoffs

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I sound like an old timer in a TV commercial, but defense wins championships.
And averaging almost 4 goals against the last 10 games is not encouraging. It may not be as entertaining, but if they want to turn this around they have to focus on team defense and start locking teams down something like 2-0 or 3-1, playoff style.
Defense doesn’t win championships. Defense gets you there but offense wins them.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Defense doesn’t win championships. Defense gets you there but offense wins them.
Every team scores goals. Not every team plays great team defense. If a team can't shut down their opposition on a continuous basis they won't be around long in the play offs IMO.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad