Post-Game Talk: Game 61: Winter Disaster @ Predators - 7PM, FS Tennessee - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Now that was a fun one to be at! Maybe things are changing over the years, but at face off the arena was only half full. By the end of 1st period it was almost all full. Do people not realize games start at 7?

Traffic was AWFUL all over the city yesterday going both in and out of town. I don't know why but fixing potholes caused by the frozen roads was a common theory. I had friends coming from different parts of town that were late. I was there on time because I knew to get the **** off 40 coming in from the east and to take Lebanon Road. I probably would've been late if I didn't know about it.

But yeah, Forsberg tho..........

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Traffic was AWFUL all over the city yesterday going both in and out of town. I don't know why but fixing potholes caused by the frozen roads was a common theory. I had friends coming from different parts of town that were late. I was there on time because I knew to get the **** off 40 coming in from the east and to take Lebanon Road. I probably would've been late if I didn't know about it.

But yeah, Forsberg tho..........

There was a bad wreck on Briley and another one somewhere down in Donelson. I was heading the "other" way down Lebanon, too--traffic was horrendous going the other way!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If this team could play with the skill, the drive and the passion they did last night every night? Oh, my...just think what they could do. They're well on their way.

I thought it was interesting that instead of the usual "we're just looking at the next game..." canned answer I heard 2 people...I know one was Calle, can't remember who the other one was...say, in essence, we LIKE being #1. We are working to stay #1. We are not letting up.

I like that work ethic, quite frankly.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Its like people forgot how to drive when they got cooped up in their houses last week!

I think a large part of it is the large holes in the road created by the ice. I hit 2 on the way home last night as I couldn't see them until it was too late. I now know of at least 5 on massive ones on main high traffic roads.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
If this team could play with the skill, the drive and the passion they did last night every night? Oh, my...just think what they could do. They're well on their way.

I was thinking last night about why we can only play with that kind of passion, drive and effort at home, and on the road, we look like our feet are stuck in mud. We DOMINATED Colorado last night and they're not that bad a team. They're certainly better than Buffalo and at probably better than Philly, but likely equal if not.

The only thing I can figure is it comes down to last change. On the road, a team can maximize their advantage against us. Add a hot goaltender and suddenly a mediocre team looks impossible to beat. At home, we can do the opposite so more often than not, a team is at a massive disadvantage before they ever set foot on the ice.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I was thinking last night about why we can only play with that kind of passion, drive and effort at home, and on the road, we look like our feet are stuck in mud. We DOMINATED Colorado last night and they're not that bad a team. They're certainly better than Buffalo and at probably better than Philly, but likely equal if not.

The only thing I can figure is it comes down to last change. On the road, a team can maximize their advantage against us. Add a hot goaltender and suddenly a mediocre team looks impossible to beat. At home, we can do the opposite so more often than not, a team is at a massive disadvantage before they ever set foot on the ice.

And that's why I think you see the sometimes weird lines on the road. Lines such as Forsberg on the 3rd line kind of thing.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I hate Mike Smith.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

If they did that every night, there'd be this big silver shiny thingy being paraded around the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad