Post-Game Talk: Game 61: Winter Disaster @ Predators - 7PM, FS Tennessee - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Embarrassing

Those types of mistakes aren't as uncommon as you'd think. I've worked with guys who haven't spotted defensive changes on a baseball diamond until they come up to bat in the next inning, and guys who cross up numbers on the hardwood (which they definitely will not be putting on their demo reels). And there was one guy who kept calling Fernando Valenzuela "Fernando Venezuela."

Play-by-play guys have bad nights, too, even at that level.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Montreal beats St. Louis and Edmonton beat MN. Hawks lose Patrick Kane as just saw the video of that injury looks bad.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Now that was a fun one to be at! Maybe things are changing over the years, but at face off the arena was only half full. By the end of 1st period it was almost all full. Do people not realize games start at 7?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Now that was a fun one to be at! Maybe things are changing over the years, but at face off the arena was only half full. By the end of 1st period it was almost all full. Do people not realize games start at 7?

I have never understood this phenomenon- and its not just here- you see this at sporting events in every sport regardless of start times...

Oh well- wound up being a great crowd and more importantly, a great win....

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

I noticed that as well. Pretty irritating along with another night of people sitting around asking who #6 was that got in the fight and wanting him to come out of the box and do it again. And why is he still sitting there alone for so long. Guess im just a jackass.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mmmmmmm.

Pie, sweet sweet Winner Pie. Come and get it!

This was a fun game. Shea. Oh, Shea. I am so glad you're on our side.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I noticed that as well. Pretty irritating along with another night of people sitting around asking who #6 was that got in the fight and wanting him to come out of the box and do it again. And why is he still sitting there alone for so long. Guess im just a jackass.

Now that they're winning big, you better get used to it. Some of my friends who know little to nothing about the Preds are starting to pay attention. More commentary from less informed fans. All aboard... the bandwagon is leaving the station!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I watched the replay of the game on FSTN because I missed the first period and wanted to see Shea's ruckus... but the program went to commercial at about 14 minutes remaining in the 1st period and when they came back they were at the 5 minute mark and Shea was already in the box... what a load of crap...

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN

I guess things really are changing huh? There were these 2 complete hillbillies the next section over from us making all kinds of crazy commentaries! I guess they were having fun though! haha. I guess this is what we can expect as long as the team is performing well. :laugh:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to new fans. Yeah they are only here because we are winning, but teams don't build followings long term because they stink every year. Maybe in a few years we will look back and those hillbillies are saying the same thing about new fans they sit around.

I didn't even know what hockey was until I just happened to run into the SCF the year NJ won in OT and there was nothing else on. After that I started following it some, when the Preds came I followed it more. After my first game tickets I got somewhere in the 2nd year I was hooked.

I once didn't know a thing about the sport, everyone has to start somewhere though.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

If you had sat at a standstill along west end and the interstate for 35 minutes last night you might understand.

So much different construction has added 20 minutes to my trip to the arena in good times, let alone the added mess last night

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Mmmmmmm.

Pie, sweet sweet Winner Pie. Come and get it!

This was a fun game. Shea. Oh, Shea. I am so glad you're on our side.

Thank you for cooking!

Had a fantastic time sitting with you! And saw some other old friends.

Angry Beast Weber is always fun.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I guess things really are changing huh? There were these 2 complete hillbillies the next section over from us making all kinds of crazy commentaries! I guess they were having fun though! haha. I guess this is what we can expect as long as the team is performing well. :laugh:

I was most definitely one if those uninformed folks in the early days. Loved the game and the action but had very little understanding of the rules and even less of strategy. Then I stumbled across the old ESPN message boards, and then the np.com boards. I wish the team could point all new hockey fans to a place like this where they could read and learn like I did. To me that's a real downside to the absence of a message board on the teams official site

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Noting the younger women in the crowd now? How 303ish of you. :laugh:

Have you noticed absent Handtrick, 303's lady refrences have dramatically dropped? Is it the Fred and Barney syndrome or is the guy just getting old. :nod:

As to new fans I think it is great and in time they will learn proper Hockey etiquette. Of course theres a pile of bandwagoners, but that is how the base grows. The frustrating thing right now continues to be the ushers allowing it to happen far too often. There is constantly someone moving to and from there seats during play.

Really was a complete game last night but then again Varly really struggled. The great thing we shut down a team that had scored 20 goals in the last 5 games. I like a physical Weber but not a guy who spends 17 minutes in the box. I would prefer a guy with less talent be the one to step up the mean game. And Josi is now 2 points up on Weber. I have said it for a while that Josi will be a better defenseman than Weber and its happening now. His game has just blossomed in the last year. Hes just 24 I can only imagine absent injury what hes gonna be in his prime. Its an exciting time.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
The third line looked great last night. This had to be Jarnkrok's best game of the season overall. Franson and Santorelli both had good games and I think they are both really starting the gel with the team now. Love watching FF9/Ribs/Neal play together. They have some work to do with their cycle game as it is a little off right now but that line had some crazy good scoring chances all night long. FF9 with that move undressing that d-man. If he had scored that would have made the plays of the week. I'm surprised NHL network didn't show that save in their highlights of the game. Great to see a domitating game against a good team. Colorado is still fighting for a wildcard spot and they have been playing better hockey lately but the boys took it to them for sure.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fell asleep during the 2nd intermission due to my jet lag last night but glad to see the boys got the win. Best I've seen them play since well, last time they were home. :laugh:

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I'll take the bandwagon fans all day long. That's how you grow a fan base. Sure, we'll lose the majority of those fans whenever the Preds aren't at the top of the standings, but a lot will stick.

I attended the games in Long Island & Philadelphia and was impressed by the amount of gold I saw in those arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad