GDT: Game 61: New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like what Rempe is doing and only hope for the best with him. But he’d better be trying out some of those pointers he’s getting from old fighters because Reaves could f*** him up tonight.

Possibly and possibly not. Reaves is a really good fighter but he's been living off his reputation as the best for a long time and IMO he's not the best and hasn't been for a while. Among relative equals anyone can get the edge over another on any given night.

Rempe has fought two of the best that are in the NHL--Deslauriers who IMO is definitely top 5 and Ross Johnston and done well against both. A thing I'll point out also is both the Deslauriers and Olivier fights were kind of atypical and a lot wilder to the fights Rempe has had in the AHL the past two years. My guess is he's been running on pure adrenaline since his call up and eventually it will calm down. Rempe can certainly improve at that art.......he didn't win against Olivier and he didn't win all his AHL fights either. McIlrath for one got the best of him last year. But one thing he has proven is he can hang with the best and even in fights that haven't gone his way he's proven that. For a 21 year old that's something and that at the same time he's developing a game apart from that.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Carlo Colaiacovo expects this too
IXn1A0.gif

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I wouldn’t want Rempe to fight Reaves

We have no control over what happens tonight but it's Saturday night keep in mind. Some of us could care less if he fights since he has more skills than just fighting. I imagine a few games will be inevitable as it's the goon code to welcome in the rookie to drop the mitts. All we can hope for is that he establishes himself early so down the road some shy away to let him get more ice time. He's 21 and still developing mentally and physically which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad