GDT: GAME #61 In Khudobin We Trust - BRUINS at LA Kings - 10:30 PM - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No reason to lose tonight. Kings are not a great team. Cannot lose two in a row to very beatable teams. Just cut down on defensive breakdowns and everything should be fine as long as Dobby doesn't crap his pants. Loved the level of effort last night despite the loss. Keep that up boys and play smarter!

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
The two games I was worried about on this road trip were San Jose and Anaheim. Taking 2 of 4 isn't bad at all.

But we need 4 of 4 in these next two games. Let's go Bruins!!!

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Khudobin is not going to be much worse than Rask was last night.
Or so I hope.

That's probably a given but with the lack of sweat worked up on Rask last night , you have to wonder why he isn't playing tonight?
It looked a little like last year when games really mattered and Rask was a no show! I hope I am wrong, we shall see. Sweeney said he was looking for a backup but the cost had to be right, well a backup went on waivers yesterday for free! I don't know much about him but can it be worse than what we have?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
No reason to lose tonight. Kings are not a great team. Cannot lose two in a row to very beatable teams. Just cut down on defensive breakdowns and everything should be fine as long as Dobby doesn't crap his pants. Loved the level of effort last night despite the loss. Keep that up boys and play smarter!

Pretty much this.

I think what we're seeing is the team has enough speed and skill to compete...they just need to work on their defense. I'm glad the tight system of CJ is gone, but defensive structure in the defensive zone should not be forgotten.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Get right back with Rask.

There is not enough time to hope Khudobin has a good game. If you lose, better be with your A lineup. He can rest Friday and Saturday.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The back up,has to play eventually Rask cant play every game they have left .If not now when.Rask really wasn't that great last night anyway.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Get right back with Rask.

There is not enough time to hope Khudobin has a good game. If you lose, better be with your A lineup. He can rest Friday and Saturday.

Nope. Here's the problem: He's started 48 games. There are 22 to go. That means if he starts every game from now until the end of the season...that's 70 games.

There are a few goalies so far who've started more than 48 games: EDM, LAK, SJS, CAR, TOR. (I threw CAR in there because they have 47 starts, but one less game.) While there are playoff teams on that list, those don't seem like the five teams you want to emulate, particularly with respect to goaltending.

If Rask is going to sit, this is as good of a game as you're going to get. I don't mind working Rask hard - even 67, 68 starts, especially since our backup situation is pretty bad. Plus, Rask just looked frazzled last night. Giving him today off, and playing him in Dallas, makes sense to me.

Now, the Khudobin vs McIntyre argument is more reasonable...I can't say Khudobin is clearly the better option. But, hey, he beat Vancouver. It wasn't a great showing, but he did make a really great glove save on Eriksson in the third period that burned in my brain. Khudobin hasn't earned my complete trust yet, but he's earned a shot.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hayes needs to get of this team, Nash too. They bring absolutely 0 to this team...

They make Jordan Caron look like Marc Savard.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
While I think they need to do a better job resting Tuukka down the stretch (because he doesn't play well when he's overplayed) he just had a week off and I'd like to see him redeem himself after a couple stinkers last night.

I don't know how much more you really need to see of Khudobin honestly. Occassional good game but with things as tight as they are for playoff spots he's not going to be trustworthy down the stretch.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Nope. Here's the problem: He's started 48 games. There are 22 to go. That means if he starts every game from now until the end of the season...that's 70 games.

There are a few goalies so far who've started more than 48 games: EDM, LAK, SJS, CAR, TOR. (I threw CAR in there because they have 47 starts, but one less game.) While there are playoff teams on that list, those don't seem like the five teams you want to emulate, particularly with respect to goaltending.

If Rask is going to sit, this is as good of a game as you're going to get. I don't mind working Rask hard - even 67, 68 starts, especially since our backup situation is pretty bad. Plus, Rask just looked frazzled last night. Giving him today off, and playing him in Dallas, makes sense to me.

Now, the Khudobin vs McIntyre argument is more reasonable...I can't say Khudobin is clearly the better option. But, hey, he beat Vancouver. It wasn't a great showing, but he did make a really great glove save on Eriksson in the third period that burned in my brain. Khudobin hasn't earned my complete trust yet, but he's earned a shot.
I thought it was already confirmed by Cassidy that Khudobin is playing , saw it on Twitter .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad