GDT: [Game #61] Dallas Stars @ Washington Capitals - 4:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #61 – 3/20/2022 – 4:00 PM CT – BSSW
Capital One Arena

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Washington Capitals
33-24-3, 69 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 35-18-10, 80 pts

STATS

9aBdixM.jpg
XFRMt6X.jpg

vsV97aH.png

:stars

GsetDck.png

DpkaJIF.png
FNS31xJ.png

KQciTzi.png
XgXIryF.png

9i2pcHq.png
lqFPRM1.png

ybNIJF3.png

:caps

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Sheary
Mantha - Backstrom - Vecchione
Sprong - McMichael - Wilson
Jonsson-Fjallby - Dowd - Hathaway

Fehervary - Carlson
Orlov - Jensen
Van Riemsdyk - Schultz

Samsonov

iug5VMR.png

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Is there actually any evidence Gaglardi is doing that?

The only evidence of that is a Sean Shapiro tweet. He's still fairly connected with the team and occasionally chimes in, but you have to decide if it means anything or not. It's all speculation.

Just based on the only comments we have from Gaglardi this year (Zubov retirement), I'm sure he's sufficiently pissed about this latest slide. You'd think there's an outside chance after him going through this last year and the year with Hitchcock that he's already been sufficiently burned by this older core to not allow it to happen a 3rd time, but you never know.

You'd think a logical person could see that the new core is starting to take shape nicely, and the only logical all in move would be to do anything to help them ... which would include selling Klingberg for assets that can either build around them or assets that can be used to acquire a player to build around them. Sounds like quite a few players could be available this summer, and pieces from a Klingberg trade may not get you someone today or tomorrow, but they could land you an impact player in the summer.

Reactions: Kipper 17

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully. But I doubt it, Gaglardi is demanding those 2 home games of playoff revenue and Nill knows there is a 85%+ chance of him being gone if they miss.

The fact that they have such a good chance of making the playoffs even without Klingberg shouldn't be lost on them. They have a serious advantage with games played over Vegas, Vancouver, and Winnipeg, and Vegas' core for the most part is legitimately broken and on the shelf.

It's far from a guarantee, but they're in the mix with or without Klingberg.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The fact that they have such a good chance of making the playoffs even without Klingberg shouldn't be lost on them. They have a serious advantage with games played over Vegas, Vancouver, and Winnipeg, and Vegas' core for the most part is legitimately broken and on the shelf.

I’m not gonna be like most and say the stars will just lose in the first round as I don’t think it would be that crazy for them to win the west again but realistically, the chances the stars actually win the cup with this team is pretty slim compared to a handful of teams . Fastest way for this team to get to the level of those teams is to sell and build around the past few drafts .

Reactions: Kipper 17

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I’m not gonna be like most and say the stars will just lose in the first round as I don’t think it would be that crazy for them to win the west again but realistically, the chances the stars actually win the cup with this team is pretty slim compared to a handful of teams . Fastest way for this team to get to the level of those teams is to sell and build around the past few drafts .

I don't think it's a given either. Like you said though, I don't think its a smart bet, and why not give yourself more fire power to be an even better team next year.

They have a bad coach. I think a change there alone will be huge. A change at GM, while it might not happen, could see some space open up with a guy maybe more inclined to dump contracts.

This team isn't a dumpster fire. They're close because of Miro, Robertson, Otter, etc.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

I think it says a lot that Vegas has $27M on IR and LTIR right now and Dallas can barely edge them out, if at all. The Stars solidly have the advantage because the games in hand are huge, but they've lost ground and have had an incredibly healthy season. All it took was one top player out for the team to fall down like a house of cards.

This season has been fairly blessed, it's been a near best-case-scenario in the sense that the team has been so healthy... and it's bubble hockey all over again. Without Miro so far it's been 3-4-0, 1 regulation win, and frankly they're lucky it looks that good. I could see them being around the same place next year with better coaching, but worse depth and luck, but like you've mentioned, keeping or not keeping Klingberg probably isn't the difference. I guess you squeezed one last really good win out of him, count yourself lucky and move on.

There's optimism to be had for the mid to long term future of the team if they play their cards right, but with the current direction they could very well slip out of being a bubble team next year and I wouldn't be surprised.

It's probably futile, but I hope they lose this one in convincing fashion, it's the last piece of evidence they'll have before buckling down for the trade deadline, and for better or for worse, they seem very reactionary to short term results instead of the long term trends. I can't really see it, though, Nill could very well get fired for missing and he's not one for risk taking.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
This is going to sound crazy cause I love to bash Nill but this may be smart on his part. His boss wants playoff revenue but he is not going all in. He could really go all out fix the real issues. But that would require multiple top prospects and high end picks. So this team could be worse off if they went all in.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Unless he's involved in a trade or injured, this is beyond stupid

Feels like this is one of Bowness' "he's tired from playing so many games" moments
What do you expect when our coach is a f***ing dipshit. Hope we get spanked 7-0

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Bowness to Harley.

Hey Harley, I’m going to sit you cause you as a rookie have given up some goals and scoring opportunities. Please forget the fact that we stuck you with klingberg and you and him have the same skill sets. I know some defensive defenseman like Jani would be better for your game but what can I say. I’m a trash coach. Also, Lindell is better offensively than you so to hell if you get PP time. Remember, I have no clue how to structure or coach this team. Have fun eating in the press box kid.

• Haha
Reactions: starsfan86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad