GDT: Game 61 Coyotes @ Bruins - 5PM - FSAZ+

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Goligoski has been pretty bad.

I'm a few minutes back, just saw his giveaway on the marchand goal, upgrading it to terribad.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What the heck happened to make it 4-1 and take Smith out? I left for 3 minutes to microwave something :laugh:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I liked McGinn's decision to make the simple play and put it on net there.

On the otherhand, this team is awful.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
NESN dude referring to OEL as just "Ekmann" . I've heard announcers just call him "Larsson", but never only the first part of his last name

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Watching this Caps-Rags game reminds me of what the game of hockey actually looks like. I miss it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Since December I have definitely watched more other games than Coyote games. It reminds me that hockey is still an exciting game, and it will help ease the transition after the inevitable.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The Coyotes were the only thing that took my interest away from an obsessive 40 year running career and 100,000 miles of training.
Never liked spectator sports before 5 years ago.
Ill continue to buy a ST in hopes that there is some real plan but just in case, Im trying to get that old nomad, long hair 100 mile a week crazy runner spark back again.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It looks like OEL and Gogo were mailing it in tonight, not much concentration and multiple turnovers, a few of which wound up in our net. This is what happens on a bad team that trades away some of their best players at the TDL year after year after year. Human nature. OEL/Doan/Gogo have nothing to prove now or play for the rest of the year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
OEL/Doan/Gogo have nothing to prove now or play for the rest of the year.

In the case of Goligoski I was hopping he'd keep up his improved play from late January/early February just to prove he could do it and we weren't gonna be screwed going forward on his contract.

But yeah it's hard to blame anyone for checking out right now. It's also going to make evaluating performances tricky from a fan perspective. I'm probably going to try and remember to just ignore everything post Hanzal and just hope we have a few spurts like the Buffalo game where I can enjoy the games left.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It looks like OEL and Gogo were mailing it in tonight, not much concentration and multiple turnovers, a few of which wound up in our net. This is what happens on a bad team that trades away some of their best players at the TDL year after year after year. Human nature. OEL/Doan/Gogo have nothing to prove now or play for the rest of the year.

OEL and Gogo have not played as expected this year. Trading our best players year after year are other teams second and third liners, except Yandle. We are starting to get a pipe line of really good prospects, and if most can keep on developing I'll be more than happy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
OEL and Gogo have not played as expected this year. Trading our best players year after year are other teams second and third liners, except Yandle. We are starting to get a pipe line of really good prospects, and if most can keep on developing I'll be more than happy.

OEL has been off all year. Gogo has been better the last 20 games, and has had 4 or 5 line mates along the way. It took him time to adjust. The Oilers had a pipe line of really good prospects too. They were not any good until they added McDavid(world class talent) and Larson(top pair D). Hanzal is a solid 2C not a 3C. There aren't 60 centers in the NHL better than Hanzal, no way.

Bottom line is, for our prospects to make a difference, they need to be surrounded by solid vets at key positions. We need a top 2C (Hanzal) and another top 4D (Yandle). Our budget is killing us for the foreseeable future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL has been off all year. Gogo has been better the last 20 games, and has had 4 or 5 line mates along the way. It took him time to adjust. The Oilers had a pipe line of really good prospects too. They were not any good until they added McDavid(world class talent) and Larson(top pair D). Hanzal is a solid 2C not a 3C. There aren't 60 centers in the NHL better than Hanzal, no way.

Bottom line is, for our prospects to make a difference, they need to be surrounded by solid vets at key positions. We need a top 2C (Hanzal) and another top 4D (Yandle). Our budget is killing us for the foreseeable future.

I agree, but we have plenty of room in our budget if we want Hanzal, but you also have to look toward the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad