GDT: Game 61 - CBJ vs PHI - 18 Feb, 7pm

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Elvis completely overplayed the puck on both goals, no excuse for him to allow either of them.
Couturier whiffed on his shot. Impossible to predict that. How do you overplay it when they guy was trying to go full backhand and forgot to take the puck with him?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Team has no shots on net and no sniff on hard ice so far. Couple attempted pew pews from halfboards blocked

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
We might get one in of fifty shots with our barrage of little pew pew shots from the halfboards. Damn this team got lost fast
I'm hoping this is a little wake up call. I'm curious to see how they respond. Those were two odd goals, off a skate, and a guy loses the puck and it just slides in under a pad. Hope we can get a little puck luck like that.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bad goal by Elvis? Maybe. But calling for Korpi as a replacement is overlooking much worse play over the past stretch by 14 guys I’ll list playing far worse.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Nyquist didn’t want to make a move and go around the stationary Provorov? There was no reason he should have that shot blocked

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm hoping this is a little wake up call. I'm curious to see how they respond. Those were two odd goals, off a skate, and a guy loses the puck and it just slides in under a pad. Hope we can get a little puck luck like that.
You have to create your luck. More dangerous shots tend to go in a little more frequently than potshots. Deflections and people in position for rebounds. We have done none of that.

Reactions: Grouchy

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Korpisalo wouldn’t have been reaching out to knock away that attempted cross ice pass and he would have been in position on the deflection.

On the 2nd I would hope to god he wouldn’t be flopping around like a dead fish.
Completely disagree but whatever. We could have had Hasek in net for those and would still be losing. Korpisalo is good but he's not perfect.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Peeke is not NHL ready. He has had 2 bad plays that lead to goals in the last 2 games now. I know he had a turnover behind the net against NJ and then to completely misplay the puck in open ice to lead to the breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad