GDT: Game 61 - CBJ vs PHI - 18 Feb, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The big home-and-home starts tonight. Hoping for a better result than we've had lately.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Merzlikins is 12-4-2 since becoming the CBJ starter with a .945 save percentage. He leads the league with five shutouts, all in the last 12 games. … Oliver Bjorkstrand has a 12-5-17 line in his last 15 games. … Dubois has 18 points in his last 14 road games (5-13-18). … Zach Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 18 goals from the blue line this season. ... The Blue Jackets' penalty kill is 26-for-28 over the last 15 games. Columbus has not taken a penalty in six of 60 games this year. … The Blue Jackets have lost 327 man games to injury. ... Columbus has points in the last six road games (3-0-3). … Philadelphia has won the first two games of the season series, a 7-4 victory Oct. 26 in the City of Brotherly Love and a 3-2 final in Columbus on Nov. 27. Before that, the Blue Jackets had won five straight games in the series.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Kevin Stenlund - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Boone Jenner - Nathan Gerbe
Sonny Milano - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Markus Nutivaara
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Kole Sherwood, Gabriel Carlsson, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: Tortorella will speak to the media around 11:15 to go over any possible lineup changes.

flyers.nhl.com has one preview article for both tonight and Thursday.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Flyers' last game:

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Back to back against Philly. 2 wins and looks good 2 loses looks horrible. 1 win and 1 lose blaah. Light at end of tunnel has got dark. 5last games 3points and now critical division games. Sigh im not going to watch this one. Its just too much if after this unbealivible season we melt like cottoncandy in a fire.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Philly is really good at home, and so-so on the road. Think we split this week with a loss in Philly and a win at NWA.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
I have a feeling the Jackets are due to get blitzed. Philly is a really good home team, so tonight may be the night. I also think this week will change the course of the season. If they win both against Philly, then I think Jarmo tries to get something for this team. If they lose both against the Flyers, I have a feeling Jarmo makes some deals for picks/prospects and this team is headed to the lottery.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I don’t know, Elvis is an X factor and struggled last game. I picture a huge game for him.

that said, if we jump out to a 2-0 lead we are doomed.

Reactions: Speedy Sanderson

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Need at least a split in these two games. If we can grab at least 2 points out of these two games it'll be a good thing.

However, if we get 0 its probably over. Especially with games in hand and the March schedule.

If we get 4 points then we're back on the saddle and in good shape.

Reactions: rotsbu

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Public Enemy #1 is in Philly tonight

And no I'm not talking about gritty

This guy made both of those calls/non-calls

DO13.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad