GDT: Game #61- Avs host Kraken @7pm MT / 9pm ET/ 4am CET/ 8am ICT

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I (Kraken fan but our GDT and HFBOARD participation sucks - I hope you don't mind my comments here) hope you are correct, but I think this game favors the Avs. I know the Avs have injuries. Kraken have been pretty lucky on injuries although great player Andre Burakovsky is on injured reserve for a month now, and now Bjorkstrand is out with a lower-body injury. Grubauer is JUST now starting to look like a cup goalie again, after being out much of the earlier year with injuries. Martin Jones stepped in, and has played like he did when San Jose went to the Cup, but lately he has become porus and cost a couple of games. With Avs losing two and getting humbled last night, and the kraken winning three in a row (but against mediocre opposition), I'd have to go with the Avs here. That said, the Kraken are unrelenting on offense, and are very fast to loose pucks. Biggest team issues are faceoffs and PK. Watch out if they score first though. Seems to get them going and confident.
Just a word of caution, we eat our own.

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
I (Kraken fan but our GDT and HFBOARD participation sucks - I hope you don't mind my comments here) hope you are correct, but I think this game favors the Avs. I know the Avs have injuries. Kraken have been pretty lucky on injuries although great player Andre Burakovsky is on injured reserve for a month now, and now Bjorkstrand is out with a lower-body injury. Grubauer is JUST now starting to look like a cup goalie again, after being out much of the earlier year with injuries. Martin Jones stepped in, and has played like he did when San Jose went to the Cup, but lately he has become porus and cost a couple of games. With Avs losing two and getting humbled last night, and the kraken winning three in a row (but against mediocre opposition), I'd have to go with the Avs here. That said, the Kraken are unrelenting on offense, and are very fast to loose pucks. Biggest team issues are faceoffs and PK. Watch out if they score first though. Seems to get them going and confident.
I often wondered how history would be different if Grubauer stayed. Glad he's starting to do well.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
The NHL has always been the absolute worst at keeping to start times. I have never understood it. Even on a regular night games start like 8-12 minutes late. Then on national broadcast games they frequently start 30-45 mins late. No other sports seem to put up with this crap. It is weird. If they always start late, then begin the festivities and whatever else delays games earlier you numpties.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I never noticed this for Girard's pronunciation.
Screenshot_20230305_185100_Twitter.jpg

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I gotta admit, it's going to feel liberating going full panic meltdown when we get doubled up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad