GDT: Game #61- Avs host Kraken @7pm MT / 9pm ET/ 4am CET/ 8am ICT

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I don't think there would be so much outrage if we didn't have essentially the same deadline as we did 2 years ago. We saw how that worked out. It sucked so bad lol. If we didn't have that to look back on I don't think people would be as upset, but between that and not using 13 milly in LTIR, it's going to sting for a while
We should have added 2 years ago too, but what if our big 2C deadline acquisition this year gets suspended for 6 playoff games and Georgiev forgets that he shouldn't jump wildly at high shots? Odds are that we still lose in the second round.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Seems like every single loss from here on in will be 100% the fault of CMac unless MacDermid is playing, in which case they can split the blame.

Whereas every win will be a win over both the opposing team and CMac's lack of faith in the team.

As a soccer fan, we see it every transfer window in the Premier League, the team that has brought in the players with the most amount of collective hype is the "winner." But it rarely happens that the team that "wins" the transfer window is actually the one to win the league.
Having a good game against Dallas would've been a good antidote. Getting blown out, combined with the deadline disappointment, is just brutal.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
5-2 Seattle, easy money today. Avs are a demoralized bunch, have given up 7 goals in back to back games and the breakdowns have been hilariously bad.

Kraken play the Avs hard. Avs don't do well against teams who take away time and space by skating endlessly (really, who does?).

That's why it works when we can do it, but they're like a Corvette running on 83 Octane.

What could be, is not often what we get right now. Players that are playing up out of position that may have had success are hurting.

That's the real reason if it wasn't a center it still needed to be a top six forward. There is zero chance this team is strong enough everywhere as it was last year in the ways that matter now. We won pretty easily, but the margin is so small.

This team does have a better goalie, but he's a lot like Varly so far, very hot and cold.

This is a completely different recipe. I think Mikko will have to be a absolute monster, but he is capable of it.

We're short a game breaker, but we still have three player who can take over a game, and some second tear guys who can be clutch. Can't write them off, but can't pencil them in either.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
5-2 Seattle, easy money today. Avs are a demoralized bunch, have given up 7 goals in back to back games and the breakdowns have been hilariously bad.

Kraken play the Avs hard. Avs don't do well against teams who take away time and space by skating endlessly (really, who does?).
I say flip a coin today in regards to which Avs team shows up. They've been God-awful the past 2 games, so it's possible they've been embarrassed enough to decide that a 60 min. effort is warranted. Then again, maybe not. Wouldn't surprise me either if they skate around like perimeter creampuffs and get punked by the Krakheads! Who knows? Who cares? I do think today's effort will be an accurate barometer of where this group's collective head is at though.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
star-wars-c3po.gif

And ya'll know it!

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
but , isn't it great to see other teams reaching a pinnacle , players who've never won a ring getting a chance to fulfill their dreams ?

j/k screw them , c'mon Avalanche pull it out and get on with it !

we fans demand you find another gear and get rolling like you should

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Will the real Cale Makar please stand up? Time to start taking over hockey games big boy.
Story of the season for us IMO.

I’m also slightly rethinking this stance after posting it? He hasn’t really been dominant in the ways he had been, but he also spent a huge chunk of the year playing very safe hockey trying to hold together a depleted group

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Story of the season for us IMO.

I’m also slightly rethinking this stance after posting it? He hasn’t really been dominant in the ways he had been, but he also spent a huge chunk of the year playing very safe hockey trying to hold together a depleted group
It's hard to say really. But it really feels like the only player that's stepping up for us every night is MacK. When he was hurt Mikko held the fort, but now that MacK's back, Mikko has been having too many off games.

Makar is just back from a concussion though. I'm willing to give him more time before I start bitching about his play. Early this season... I feel like he could have done more for us.

Last edited:

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016

I (Kraken fan but our GDT and HFBOARD participation sucks - I hope you don't mind my comments here) hope you are correct, but I think this game favors the Avs. I know the Avs have injuries. Kraken have been pretty lucky on injuries although great player Andre Burakovsky is on injured reserve for a month now, and now Bjorkstrand is out with a lower-body injury. Grubauer is JUST now starting to look like a cup goalie again, after being out much of the earlier year with injuries. Martin Jones stepped in, and has played like he did when San Jose went to the Cup, but lately he has become porus and cost a couple of games. With Avs losing two and getting humbled last night, and the kraken winning three in a row (but against mediocre opposition), I'd have to go with the Avs here. That said, the Kraken are unrelenting on offense, and are very fast to loose pucks. Biggest team issues are faceoffs and PK. Watch out if they score first though. Seems to get them going and confident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad