Pre-Game Talk: Game #60: Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday, Feb. 8th 3:00PM - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfzero

Canucks?
Jan 6, 2005
Surrey
I don't care how bad they've(Canucks) been lately, losing to the Leafs is unacceptable. I hope they show up and play well and take home the W.

Jay99999*

Yea I hope we keep our winning streak against the Leafs alive too. Vancouver owns Toronto with even a semi healthy team. We put on a clinic last game in October minus the power play.
I was talking about the streak you are currently on. :)

Leafs fans wanted Carlyle's head during the winter break, things can change. Torterella isn't the problem here.

I am not a fan of either coach.

Whatever, let other fan bases hate us. I couldn't care less. :)

Actually, I don't hate you, but I know a few that do. I think it has to do with the sedins or something. Perhaps it goes back to '72 when you boo'ed team Canada. I know the hatred has been around a long time. I am 50 and remember back a long way where the Leaf fans had a hate on for Nucks.

Even if we do want to tank, I dont think there is a single fan that wants to lose to the leafs.

Hmmm, why would any team want their team to lose to anybody at all?

The odd thing is we barely play them and they act like were one of the biggest rivals, its weird.

Actually, I think most don't think of you as a rival, just hatred. Perhaps because Sundin chose to play there? Who knows, but we know who our real rival is...right Montreal? Do the nucks actually have a rival? Our rivals are clearly the scabs, sens, wings and boo'ins.

Can't wait for puck drop. You will get one of two different leafs teams. First, the powerhouse that slaughtered Bruins, Chicago and Anaheim or the ones who lose to Buffalo and our goalies let in 7 goals. We lost to the worst team in the league twice already this year. Blech.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Do you guys remember when Burrows had back-to-back hat tricks? :cry:

Burr is going to bump the slump tomorrow. I can feel it.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'm starting to think that having 3 different d-men making north of $4M that need babysitters might not be the best model for success.

:handclap::handclap::handclap: Yeah. Big time. Your paycheque is upwards of 4mil you better be the babysitter or plunking in goals like there's no tomorrow.

Lowest you can go is second I think if you're last overall, atleast that was the case before.

Oh, don't worry. If we finished dead last, I'm sure some obscure rule would be pulled out to deny it.

Do you guys remember when Burrows had back-to-back hat tricks? :cry:

Burr is going to bump the slump tomorrow. I can feel it.

1st sentence: Yes. It feels like I'm trying to remember a hallucination I had on an acid trip when I was a teenager, but yes, it's there.

2nd sentence: Please please please GOD...

Yeah. Haven't even bothered to watch the last 2 games, and my mental health is much better for it from the looks of the GDTs and PGTs. (Lotsa crap going on in my personal life, not getting into it online, and not going to renounce my fandom or anything emo like that)

Losing to the Leafs would be a new low, though. Ten years. More than an entire collective bargaining agreement, two lockouts, a billion stupid threads on hf...I'm sorry, but this has to continue. C'mon guys! You lose tomorrow and you've finally lost to a team you've owned for a decade!

That said:

3-1 Leafs. Betting all my vcash on it. What the hell, they're going to suck, I may as well see an arbitrary number that will never have any tangible effect on my life whatsoever get slightly larger.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
We won't finish dead last unless we win 3 of the next 20 or so.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Even if the Canucks continue to suck for the rest of the season I have a hard time seeing us land a top 5 pick, worst I think we get is around 10. Hard to believe that when this core gets healthy we continue this and after the Olympics we should be pretty healthy again. Honestly though I really do think the best thing for this team is to suck hard and land a top 5 pick, we could really use another high draft pick kid in the system with Horvat.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Even if the Canucks continue to suck for the rest of the season I have a hard time seeing us land a top 5 pick, worst I think we get is around 10.

This team won't finish in the bottom 5, but they very well could finish 25th overall and get the 6th overall pick. Besides the bottom 5, the next group of 15 teams are quite closely grouped. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-9th overall pick, considering this is the worst team in the NHL in 2014...

The playoff hopes look like a longshot. Lose against the Leafs and it's an uphill climb this group isn't capable of IMO.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Even if the Canucks continue to suck for the rest of the season I have a hard time seeing us land a top 5 pick, worst I think we get is around 10. Hard to believe that when this core gets healthy we continue this and after the Olympics we should be pretty healthy again. Honestly though I really do think the best thing for this team is to suck hard and land a top 5 pick, we could really use another high draft pick kid in the system with Horvat.

With the Nucks win % right now they'd pick 9th and one of the teams in front of them is the Devils who lose their pick in the first round, so technically right now the Canucks are on pace to pick 8th.

EDIT: if they go .500 the rest of the way they probably pick 6th... BUT above that they would have to lose a lot. They'd probably have to play .400 hockey to get a pick any higher than 6th. 1st or 2nd overall are basically impossible... (aside from lottery win)

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
This team won't finish in the bottom 5, but they very well could finish 25th overall and get the 6th overall pick. Besides the bottom 5, the next group of 15 teams are quite closely grouped. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-9th overall pick, considering this is the worst team in the NHL in 2014...

The playoff hopes look like a longshot. Lose against the Leafs and it's an uphill climb this group isn't capable of IMO.

We have to wait to see who is selling Peg is still pretty far out of a playoff spot right now, Yotes have pts and game in hands on them so its a big climb up for them, if Dallas, Preds and Peg all start selling then its not so clear for us as we'll be getting healthy after the break. Too much up in the air right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad