Pre-Game Talk: Game #60: Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday, Feb. 8th 3:00PM - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Let's just hope Kessel doesn't pour it on and Bernier has a shocker. Chances are ... slim.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I mean, if we have to lose, at least go down fighting.

Hopefully we don't let the score get to 9-1 and leave without raising hell.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Canucks are missing key pieces to injury, can't score to save their lives, and they lack the confidence needed to stay resilient when they face adversity.

They've lost six straight, and are plummeting out of the playoff picture. On some nights, you wonder if they could beat the Charlestown Chiefs.

They'll beat the Leafs, though.

4-1. Burrows and Daniel with 2 each.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Leafs are basically the opposite of the Canucks:

- Iffy goaltending
- Awful PK
- Bad goals against
- Score lots
- Top 5 Powerplay

Betamax*

So, what's more likely to continue ... The Canucks' impressive winning streak against the Leafs over the years ..... I think it has reached reached double digits, the highlight, IMO, during that timespan was when former Canucks great, Mats Sundin was a 'F'inisher:

Or Burrows and/or Daniel continuing on with their goalless streak?

Jay99999*

- Iffy goaltending
- Awful PK
- Bad goals against
- Score lots
- Top 5 Powerplay

You forgot-

-One of the youngest teams in the league
-offensive powerhouse.
-Ascending, not descending
-Almost injury free (Bolland)
-Good coaching

There, all opposites....:)

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009

- Iffy goaltending
- Awful PK
- Bad goals against
- Score lots
- Top 5 Powerplay

Their goaltending has been very good this year. A couple of bad games here and there, but far from 'iffy' imo.

I'm taking the Canucks in this one if I can get decent odds. We'll see if the lines get any better before puckdrop. Desperate team, I think they'll show up.. and in any case, it'll keep me atleast a bit interested.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
You forgot-

-One of the youngest teams in the league
-offensive powerhouse.
-Ascending, not descending
-Almost injury free (Bolland)
-Good coaching

There, all opposites....:)

Lol... Things change awfully quickly around here.

Jay99999*

- Iffy goaltending
- Awful PK
- Bad goals against
- Score lots
- Top 5 Powerplay

Thats a laugh. Check out Berniers and Reimers SV Perc. Then check out your tenders.

Bernier faces 40 shots a night and keeps us in it.

If you have a chance to win it, it will be in the first periods where we suck. Then 2nd and 3rd, we roll over teams.

9-2-1 in our las 12.

Should be a good match.

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Thats a laugh. Check out Berniers and Reimers SV Perc. Then check out your tenders.

Bernier faces 40 shots a night and keeps us in it.

... I don't think you looked those up... :laugh:

Canucks: .918 and .922 (5 shut-outs)

Leafs: .926 and .911 (2 shut-outs)

If you have a chance to win it, it will be in the first periods where we suck. Then 2nd and 3rd, we roll over teams.

9-2-1 in our las 12.

Should be a good match.

LOL again that's opposite. Nucks are usually great in the first and are probably the worst 3rd period team in the league.

Terrible in the Nucks last 12! :)

Jay99999*

... I don't think you looked those up... :laugh:

Canucks: .918 and .922 (5 shut-outs)

Leafs: .926 and .911 (2 shut-outs)

LOL again that's opposite. Nucks are usually great in the first and are probably the worst 3rd period team in the league.

Terrible in the Nucks last 12! :)

Sorry, I was speaking about our last 12 games. Bernier has been miles better.

Again, I was talking about the leafs last 12 where we are the worst first period team in the league almost, but in the 2nd and 3rd, we get rolling.

Should be a good match because we do not play you very well. But, someone will walk away happy. I just hope you keep your streak alive...:laugh::)

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Again, I was talking about the leafs last 12 where we are the worst first period team in the league almost, but in the 2nd and 3rd, we get rolling.

Should be a good match because we do not play you very well. But, someone will walk away happy. I just hope you keep your streak alive...:laugh::)

Good luck. Nuckland is unsure if to tank or not... think tomorrow will kind of decide that.... :laugh:

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
im afraid we're going to lose this game. losing to the leafs is unthinkable but with our injuries i don't see us winning.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver

Yea I hope we keep our winning streak against the Leafs alive too. Vancouver owns Toronto with even a semi healthy team. We put on a clinic last game in October minus the power play.

Leafs fans wanted Carlyle's head during the winter break, things can change. Torterella isn't the problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad