Pre-Game Talk: Game #60: Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday, Feb. 8th 3:00PM - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
5 o'clock home games are annoying enough. 3 pm is just nonsense. I'll prob catch the replay on gamecenter.....

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
With the Nucks win % right now they'd pick 9th and one of the teams in front of them is the Devils who lose their pick in the first round, so technically right now the Canucks are on pace to pick 8th.

EDIT: if they go .500 the rest of the way they probably pick 6th... BUT above that they would have to lose a lot. They'd probably have to play .400 hockey to get a pick any higher than 6th. 1st or 2nd overall are basically impossible... (aside from lottery win)

We're play .000 hockey right now, so anything is possible.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
We're play .000 hockey right now, so anything is possible.

Well to finish worst in the NHL the Canucks would have to lose all the rest of their games this season and hope Buffalo wins 13 of their last 25, which would be a much higher pace than Buffalo has played at all year.

:nod:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Would be hilarious if we somehow pulled off a win.

The Leafs have never had this good of an opportunity in 10 years.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
You forgot-

-One of the youngest teams in the league
-offensive powerhouse.
-Ascending, not descending
-Almost injury free (Bolland)
-Good coaching

There, all opposites....:)

Er...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The Nucks would faceroll the Leafs like usual if they were healthy but this team as is stuggles against the likes of Calgary/Edmonton/Buffalo, even the Leafs could beat them.

Get well soon boys.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Indeed.

2nd worst 5 on 5 close teams in possession. A bad game or two away from being the worst (Buffalo). Worse than Buffalo on Fenwick and Corsi at 5 on 5.

It's a team being carried by it's PP atm and statistical variability, prone to hot streaks and cold streaks relying on goaltending and PP to keep them above water. Luckily Bernier is having a career year because Reimer looks to have returned to earth and they'd be in all sorts of playoff trouble relying on him.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Indeed.

2nd worst 5 on 5 close teams in possession. A bad game or two away from being the worst (Buffalo). Worse than Buffalo on Fenwick and Corsi at 5 on 5.

It's a team being carried by it's PP atm and statistical variability, prone to hot streaks and cold streaks relying on goaltending and PP to keep them above water. Luckily Bernier is having a career year because Reimer looks to have returned to earth and they'd be in all sorts of playoff trouble relying on him.

Hi guys. Just came in to say good luck!. The Leafs actually aren't being carried by the PP. We are however carried by offense and over the top goaltending.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Hi guys. Just came in to say good luck!. The Leafs actually aren't being carried by the PP. We are however carried by offense and over the top goaltending.

Thanks. It's been a while since you last visited here - and things sure took a weird turn since whole Luongo debacle.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Thanks. It's been a while since you last visited here - and things sure took a weird turn since whole Luongo debacle.

Lol....ya. Figured I better lay low for a while. I'm hoping you guys turn it around, I really want to see Lu win after said debacle. That and my not so secret mancrush on Tanev.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Actually, I think most don't think of you as a rival, just hatred. Perhaps because Sundin chose to play there? Who knows, but we know who our real rival is...right Montreal? Do the nucks actually have a rival? Our rivals are clearly the scabs, sens, wings and boo'ins.

I guess it would be calgary and edmonton who hate us as much as the leafs do if not more.... but we also are close area wise and play each team a lot.

Also used to be Chicago but that rivalry kind of died when we began to sink last year and they went onto another cup. You could make a case for the kings the last few years. But that one is fairly fresh. I have talked to and know opposing fans who dont like us such as blues, minny, pheonix , Montreal fans but its not like leaf level hatred for us, that level is reserved for edm, calgary, kings fans which is why it looks more like rivalry to me and seems strange that the leafs hatred toward us is so high.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I guess it would be calgary and edmonton who hate us as much as the leafs do if not more.... but we also are close area wise and play each team a lot.

Also used to be Chicago but that rivalry kind of died when we began to sink last year and they went onto another cup. You could also make a case for the kings the last few years. But that one is fairly fresh. I have talked to and know real life opposing fans who dont like us such as blues, minny, pheonix fans, but its not like leaf level hatred for us, that level is reserved for edm, calgary, kings fans which is why it looks more like rivalry to me.

I think the hatred between fan bases kind of goes both ways....Just by looking at some of the posts in this thread that is pretty clear. Really it isn't even a rivalry at all, it is two fan bases that just don't like each other at all, on ice there is no rivalry.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I think the hatred between fan bases kind of goes both ways....Just by looking at some of the posts in this thread that is pretty clear. Really it isn't even a rivalry at all, it is two fan bases that just don't like each other at all, on ice there is no rivalry.

I dont even think their is a rivalry to be had personally we barely see the leafs, but i find the hatred levels odd to be so high.

Then again i live in alberta so im not in the heart of it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I dont even think their is a rivalry to be had personally we barely see the leafs, but i find the hatred levels odd to be so high.

Then again i live in alberta so im not in the heart of it.

Ya, like I said I think it is more of a personal dislike between fan bases, for what reason I really don't know I am not from either city but it isn't based off of on ice reasons that much is for sure.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
My dislike for Toronto came from the media, every time you try to watch sports net or tsn the leafs are the #1 topic. Especially since CBC is all about Toronto. Didn't help when they hired Burkie

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

If there is 'hatred', it was ramped up during the 16743 Luongo threads the past couple of years. Toronto seemed like the obvious spot for him....and thus, the arguements spewed.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
As much as I hate to say it, I just can't see the Canucks winning this game. Too many key players either injured or really fighting the puck right now. Plus I have a feeling our boys have already checked out for the break. The real games will begin once the break is over.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
this is where we find out if this team is as bad as people here think they are

couldn't imagine the fallout if we lose to them for the first time in 10 years

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Someone needs to shove a picture of Ron MacLean in Burrows' face. We need something to get him going.

We are going to win this game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad