PHX
:laugh: Kane

Okposo didn't even really want to help.

Cathartic win. Life goes on.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm confident DM would have hustled a top prospect from somebody. A pure value trade that might not show returns for 4+ years is great... if you're moving to another market.

They are low picks. We probably don't see anything from this trade, ever.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
They are low picks. We probably don't see anything from this trade, ever.

Don't get into a habit of overvaluing our own talent. Marty is an excellent 3C on a good team, a 2C on a non-playoff team due to lack of offense, and a 1C on a bottom feeding team like ours. We got good value for Hanzal as a rental. Had this been an NBA style sign and trade I would agree with you that we needed more, but not for a rental.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I missed the game; how in gods name did we win this one? :amazed:

Without Hanzal we ran Martinook, Holland, Dvorak and Jooris? This is potentially the worst center line up in the league regardless of order. All those players are at best 3rd line centers on any other team in the league. :help: :shakehead

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Poor Sabres fans - thinking they have a chance at the playoffs. 2 easy wins on a roadtrip against Avs and us. And they lose both games!! And they lose to us without Hanzal, White and Smith!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
They want to sack Blysma on the Sabres board. Perhaps rt and XX can make a deal to trade coaches straight up?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Don't get into a habit of overvaluing our own talent. Marty is an excellent 3C on a good team, a 2C on a non-playoff team due to lack of offense, and a 1C on a bottom feeding team like ours. We got good value for Hanzal as a rental. Had this been an NBA style sign and trade I would agree with you that we needed more, but not for a rental.

Most times we overvalue our players, it's just the nature of the beast.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Special shout out to Howler!!!!!
Going around the first two periods banging his drum trying to get some response to his "Lets go Co-Yotes!" beat....
Oh man
He keeps trying.
The only response you could hear was "Lets go Buffalo's"!!!!
Finally, in the 3rd period I saw that there were more Coyote fans there than I thought.
The first two per\iods I just wanted to turn around and yell at Howler "Just forget it"!!!!!!

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Wild wanted to keep him off other west teams. Don woulda got more in that environment. Not seeing any premium here for a team concerned with an arms race.

We don't know that for sure.

If you are the Wild GM, how interested are you in trading a prospect, knowing that an expansion draft is coming up? Which prospect has Jurco, Hainsey, or Stone returned for that matter? Every year is different. I thought that this deadline would be marked by a mix of true hockey trades (NHL D for NHL F) to balance out teams exempt lists, etc. Prospects would only go from teams that have a ton of them to sell off. Otherwise, picks are the currency...

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'm confident DM would have hustled a top prospect from somebody. A pure value trade that might not show returns for 4+ years is great... if you're moving to another market.

Not when teams have to use their prospects to replace what is lost in expansion draft. Tuch or Eriksson Ek are replacing a player like Coyle or Haula, if they are not protected. That is poor asset management to trade a prospect that will fill a potential role that opens up next year, and while DM could pull off great trades, I doubt teams were as willing to part with prospects this year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad