|
8469608.jpg

Notes and such:

Last one?
aKd4cRl.png

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'll be going to this one, hopefully DeAngelo plays.

I lied, ticket prices went way up, I blame spring training. I did get tickets for next Sunday's game though.

Last edited:

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I'll be going..but I never miss.
I should
I'll get the guy next to me sick
Had a 100 degree temperature two days ago
Gotta go.
I too hope to see Deangelo out there.
Apologies to whoever sits next to me.

Feb 12, 2003
I have had this game on my calendar for months because I thought it could Doan's last home game with the Coyotes. As the deadline gets closer he seems less likely to move as his value has dropped so much. I was hoping that he would take a quick run to win the Cup so I had someone to cheer for in the playoffs.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm going to cheer for Torts. One of the few coaches remaining that don't muzzle themselves in pressers.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The pairings McLellan tweeted this morning were:

OEL-Murphy
Goligoski-DeAngelo
Chychrun-Schenn

Looks like Connauton, Burmistrov and Jooris are the scratches.
I like those pairings, maybe with Schenn switching with Murphy if Murphy has an off game. I'd prefer Burmistov over Holland but Burmistov hasn't even quite as good lately so it's not a huge deal.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Holland is terrible, so yeah..he's a severe downgrade from Burmistrov

Neither Murphy or Schenn is capable of playing effectively with OEL, so that really doesn't matter in the switch. Glad they put DeAngelo back with Goligoski, they were a lot better than what we've seen pairing OEL w/DeAngleo

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Not scratching Hanzal is idiotic.

How many games before the trade deadline would you scratch him? I think you said he should have been scratched last game, so that would be at least 3.

If I'm a GM interested in acquiring Hanzal on 1 March, but he's missed three straight games, does that increase or decrease his trade value?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Been so edgy lately, I know it's the internet and what not but still :laugh:

Think of the dog on the trampoline before hitting submit :P

How many games before the trade deadline would you scratch him? I think you said he should have been scratched last game, so that would be at least 3 .

I'm usually not one to worry about this but if he's not scratched (or traded already) the 28th there's something wrong there :laugh:

If I'm a GM interested in acquiring Hanzal on 1 March, but he's missed three straight games, does that increase or decrease his trade value?

The way he's played the last month and change It wouldn't matter since it would be pretty obvious why he was sitting. Heck we traded Z a couple years ago WHILE he was injured :biglaugh:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
How many games before the trade deadline would you scratch him? I think you said he should have been scratched last game, so that would be at least 3.

It decreases significantly, and possibly to the point of making a trade impossible. Doing so tells other GMs that they should avoid trading for the player altogether.

No one trying to acquire Hanzal will be unaware of his injury history, and his value is already diminished from where it would be if he had hit the 70-game mark a few more times. But if you sit him now, other GMs will either figure assume he's currently hurt and the Coyotes are being less than truthful about his health, or they'll reason that he's too fragile to pin their playoff hopes on.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It decreases significantly, and possibly to the point of making a trade impossible. Doing so tells other GMs that they should avoid trading for the player altogether.

No one trying to acquire Hanzal will be unaware of his injury history, and his value is already diminished from where it would be if he had hit the 70-game mark a few more times. But if you sit him now, other GMs will either figure assume he's currently hurt and the Coyotes are being less than truthful about his health, or they'll reason that he's too fragile to pin their playoff hopes on.

agree 100%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad