GDT: Game #60 - Oilers@Bruins - 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
The thing is Pickard has played well almost every game. He hasn't had a 2nd start in a row yet. He's very serviceable. I kept hearing limited sample and that Pickard is somehow no good. He's been dispelling that everytime out. We should be giving our number 1 some rest down the stretch. Why would the org not be doing that? Seemed to me we were playing Skinner too much down the stretch and headed into playoffs last season.

That said with all the B2B still remaining Pickard gets at least 4 starts I would think guaranteed. should be twice that imo.

Pickard being under .900 in 7 of the 11 games he’s started which are mostly against weaker teams isn’t exactly playing well in almost every game.

Not bashing Pickard, just the Skinner bashers parade around here like he’s Hasek. Lol, at those saying ride the hot hand of Pickard. Skinners last three starts before Pickards good game were .940+.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcdingdong

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
No club was gonna pick up walk on Devin Shore that 30 other teams didn't even want to invite to TC.

A team could now have Sam Gagner, in shape, post hip recovery, a guy that can score and make plays in bottomsix and get him for nothing.
I don't think Gags is getting claimed. He can barely skate anymore.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lateral movement, quickness, quicker glove hand and better at series of stops. Bruins are a harder club to box out for one and done. Bruins will get to rebounds.

Have to respectfully disagree. Skinner is young and runs hot and right now he’s running hot. Either way Oilers have to play a full 60 or it won’t matter whose in net.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I've been outside TD Garden but it was in the summer so there was nothing going on.

Wouldn't mind attending a game there someday.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
GH7slwnbsAAaNVQ.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pickard being under .900 in 7 of the 11 games he’s started which are mostly against weaker teams isn’t exactly playing well in almost every game.

Not bashing Pickard, just the Skinner bashers parade around here like he’s Hasek. Lol, at those saying ride the hot hand of Pickard. Skinners last three starts before Pickards good game were .940+.
Pickard hasn't played mostly weaker clubs. When he was playing the clubs those were in playoff position clubs. Pickard has better stats in any category.

So by the bolded when Skinner is playing weak clubs why do you protest when the same gets stated?

Seems like two sets of rules here.

Pickard in anycase has played Florida twice, the best team in the EC, has played Carolina, played NJ twice when they were considered playoff worthy. Has played Detroit, Dallas, Minny who always give us hell.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Pickard hasn't played mostly weaker clubs. When he was playing the clubs those were in playoff position clubs. Pickard has better stats in any category.

So by the bolded when Skinner is playing weak clubs why do you protest when the same gets stated?

Seems like two sets of rules here.

Pickard in anycase has played Florida twice, the best team in the EC, has played Carolina, played NJ twice when they were considered playoff worthy. Has played Detroit, Dallas, Minny who always give us hell.
7 of 11 of his starts are against teams currently set to draft 11th or higher. Those are not playoff teams. Jerseys been a tire fire all season, only playoff worthiness was based of last season.

And saying Jersey was better in the first half of the season and then using the Panthers as #1 in the EC when they were not #1 when Pickard played them is colouring your stats. Also he lost both of those games against the Panthers with a best .875 and .872 so what’s your point here?

You always bring up why don’t I do this with Skinner, cause the Skinner bashers always fail to use logic.

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Gags has been one of the best players on our team in several games this season, which is ABSURD for an old guy who only has 20-some GP this season. You couple that with the fact that most of our bottom 6 has been miserable offensively, (invisible 90% of the time) and its a F'n joke that Gags is the one who keeps getting scratched and waived.

Gags also leads the team in faceoff % and is a RHC. WTF?

Nonsense.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
7 of 11 of his starts are against teams currently set to draft 11th or higher. Those are not playoff teams. Jerseys been a tire fire all season, only playoff worthiness was based of last season.

And saying Jersey was better in the first half of the season and then using the Panthers as #1 in the EC when they were not #1 when Pickard played them is colouring your stats. Also he lost both of those games against the Panthers with a best .875 and .872 so what’s your point here?

You always bring up why don’t I do this with Skinner, cause the Skinner bashers always fail to use logic.

New Jersey sucks because they can't keep pucks out of their net. They are a top 10 goal scoring team. Probably more relevant to look at a team's offensive capabilities when discrediting Pickard's starts against them.

Here are Pickard's starts and where they rank in goals per game.

Dallas (5)
Detroit (6)
New Jersey x2 (9)
Florida x2 (11)
Minnesota (19)
Pittsburgh (25)
Anaheim x2 (29)
Chicago (32)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

lol you always always cuz always.

Your claim that pickard had mostly easy starts was wrong.

You don't even realize within that Pickard lost two games to undeniably the best team in the East, and the team that had gone all the way to the cup and are in top on East this season. your claim that Pickard faced some different Florida teams is reaching. Should impress you (but doesn't) that Pickard is 8-1 in the rest of his starts. Nah, thats not even worth mentioning I guess. Speaking of logic or coloring

In anycase Florida was 2nd in East and 3rd in East the times Pickard faced them rendering that point null and void anyway. look who's coloring. Florida are a top team and have been all season. What point were you even trying to make there?

The only loss Pickard has had since the Florida games is against Minny who seem to have our number a lot of the time. Even with that he's on a 7-1 heater. Not too shabby. you think he'd get the modicum of respect for it.

Last edited:

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Bit confused on why they waived Gagner when there is room in the press box. Just saving a couple of bucks via running a smaller roster? Or somehow more flexibility to make a trade with him down/claimed? Feeling dumb today so help me out.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The Bruins basically toyed with the Leafs last night. It wasn't even close.
Leafs as usual are too soft and lack effort from the big money forwards . Nylander will kill this team with his effort.
Looked good on them. Love seeing Toronto suck. Laugh more at their fan base

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I've been outside TD Garden but it was in the summer so there was nothing going on.

Wouldn't mind attending a game there someday.
Been to a few games there as well as Fenway. They don’t know much about Canada to say the least. I wore my Oilers jersey and people beside me said some interesting things
Did u drive here from Edmonton for the game?
No I’m from Nova Scotia.
Where is that?
Funniest one?
You must find it strange here in Boston with the big buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad