GDT: GAME # 60 - Devils @ Canucks - 10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So what the heck happened after we tied it 2-2? We had a powerplay to go up 3-2 and then gave up a shorty? And then it was over from there?
Not quite. Daws then allowed two quick goals (the first of those two being a VERY BAD goal) in like probably 30 seconds or so. It was actually 17 seconds. Then Ruff pulled him, we brought it to 3-2. Johnsson drew a double minor high sticking penalty and we 2 full minutes on the power play to end the 2nd period, then two full minutes to start the 3rd on the power play. Then you know who strikes for a very stoppable shorthanded goal (Tatar deserves a ton of shit too) and that was game over for us.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Not quite. Daws then allowed two quick goals (the first of those two being a VERY BAD goal) in like probably 30 seconds or so. It was actually 17 seconds. Then Ruff pulled him, we brought it to 3-2. Johnsson drew a double minor high sticking penalty and we 2 full minutes on the power play to end the 2nd period, then two full minutes to start the 3rd on the power play. Then you know who strikes for a very stoppable shorthanded goal (Tatar deserves a ton of shit too) and that was game over for us.
I don’t want to crap on Daws too much cause I like him a lot, he’s a kid put in a bad situation and he’s kept us in games the last few weeks, which is definitely encouraging for a kid his age coming in cold and playing way more than he would in any other circumstance. Hell, it’s basically the most we’ve gotten all season from a goalie. But goals 1 and 3 were pretty bad.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t want to crap on Daws too much cause I like him a lot, he’s a kid put in a bad situation and he’s kept us in games the last few weeks, which is definitely encouraging for a kid his age coming in cold and playing way more than he would in any other circumstance. Hell, it’s basically the most we’ve gotten all season from a goalie. But goals 1 and 3 were pretty bad.
Yeah, this was pretty easily his worst game. I thought he was bad against Ottawa too, but the goals in that game weren't quite as bad. He just overplayed them.

I didn't think he was bad in the Calgary game way earlier in the year where he allowed 3 quick ones early in the 1st, Only the Lucic breakaway goal through the 5-hole was one he should have had.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
4 goals happens and the first goal is on the defense, the shooter had a day and half all alone by himself in the slot for no good reason. That was worse to me than any breakaway.

And I guess Dano & others were saying Horvat blasted the 3rd goal and the 21 yo kid who’s played 18 AHL games & 13 NHL games might not have faced a ton of shots like that. The speed probably takes getting used to.

Daws shouldn’t be in the NHL and we could use another goalie but the game wasn’t shocking terrible from him or something. I didn’t mind Ruff yanking him at all, at least he showed some interest in protecting him.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Daws put up a stinker last night. It happens. Gillies could have been perfect last night and it wouldn't have made a difference because they couldn't score another goal against Demko.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
4 goals happens and the first goal is on the defense, the shooter had a day and half all alone by himself in the slot for no good reason. That was worse to me than any breakaway.

And I guess Dano & others were saying Horvat blasted the 3rd goal and the 21 yo kid who’s played 18 AHL games & 13 NHL games might not have faced a ton of shots like that. The speed probably takes getting used to.

Daws shouldn’t be in the NHL and we could use another goalie but the game wasn’t shocking terrible from him or something. I didn’t mind Ruff yanking him at all, at least he showed some interest in protecting him.
Oh I agree. I didn’t like the 1st and 3rd goals, but those resulted off of defensive mistakes. I’m not worried about Daws nor do I pin it all on him, hell, I’d put him right back in tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad