GDT: [Game #60] Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
boo to all of the above

i like benn and sequin, but we all knew they were going to get walked by the young kids in OT

Reactions: redbeardtx

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Kinda want them to miss the playoffs, tbh. They all make a shitload of money, so it's the only way they'll come close to feeling the kind of disappointment I do when I watch them play. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: redbeardtx

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They won the faceoff. Fired a bad pass to Seguin who lost the puck battle. It was over from there when Benn and Seguin were going to try to defend all that open ice.

No idea why DeBoer likes putting his slower forwards out there for the 3 on 3.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
This team just doesn't have a lot of top end speed for 3 on 3. Gimmicky way to decide games that I won't have to watch in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sports2

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Hintz
Robertson
Johnston
Heiskanen
Lindell
Lundkvist

Maybe Dellandrea

These are the players who should play in OT. No more, no less. If they're gassed they're still better options than anyone else.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hintz
Robertson
Johnston
Heiskanen
Lindell
Lundkvist

Maybe Dellandrea

These are the players who should play in OT. No more, no less. If they're gassed they're still better options than anyone else.

I'm fine with Benn this year as long as there isn't any showboating.

Just give me Robo-Miro-Nils and call it a day

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Interesting to see what not scoring on four of your five PPs does to ice time distribution. The top line guys all played over 20 minutes. Benn played six minutes more than his linemates. Miro went close to 29 minutes. The 4th line barely played.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's frustrating we can't try a Blumel-Faksa-Studenic all-Czechoslovakia line because of their caphits. The Cedar Park Swedes are just kinda... there

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I feel like Deboer is getting out coached. The thing I loved about Montgomery was when things were not going well he made changes. Deboer never changes things. It’s as if he keeps watching the same crap and waits till the players fix things instead of him.

Reactions: mc3488 and MBTendy

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Am I dreaming, or did the Stars not have a goal disallowed on almost the exact same backing in play earlier this year? Yeah, every case is different, but this reminds me of why the "in the crease" rule was implemented.....it relieves the refs of making critical judgement calls. So, I get offsides easing, i.e., foot can be raised if it is on the line and not cause icing, but there would be some benefits of clarity if they held it to "the puck must be the first thing over the blue line."

Also, from the videos shown in AAC, they missed that last 2 minutes delay of game penalty. A Star swung his stick at the puck but didn't connect, in that view. Maybe another view they didn't show looks different.

Agree with all on DB needing to change OT strategy. Even in the Vegas game, the Knights had far more shots in OT, many of them pretty open looks, but in that case, Otter was great, not merely a human goalie. It does seem he still is weak on breakaways (although he also had to make 3-4 great saves in regulation). It's just that he is weak in OT, and not the shootout this year.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad