GDT: Game 60: dallas @ COLORADO, February 27, 2024 (tonight's game edition)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Are these commentators as horrible to you guys as they're for non-native english speakers? Sound gringe to me.

Reactions: katfude

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Makar has clearly been hurt a long time and struggles when he is. That said his fall off post all star break makes me wonder if his incredibly unfortunate phrasing about the Hockey Canada debacle after admittedly being told not to talk about it is wearing on him mentally. He’s the epitome of a good guy and blurting out something that could so easily be misconstrued (and was just flat out terrible word choice) is the kind of thing he could have a hard time with

I think it has more to do with how hard he was wincing on the bench after that grueling skills competition.

He should have been resting, but instead he was pushing himself as hard as possible with lots of twists, turns, and power skating.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What did he say, I missed that.
He reiterated he wasn’t involved, said he’s been told not to say anything and then (in what I imagine was meant to convey that he was fortunate/grateful that he hadn’t been caught up in the speculation because he wasn’t a CHL player and had apparently already left) called it a ‘fortunate bounce’ he wasn’t involved… Love the kid, could never in a million years believe he would be involved in such a thing since he’s like the ultimate good guy but boy was that a terrible choice of words

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
He did just play the puck and it bounced off his stick - tight call for interference

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Girard's been very physical this game.

I feel like he knows he can hit guys with 100% force along the boards, because they don't expect it, so they won't plan on setting him up to dive for a penalty like someone like Manson.

Smart move.
He has been since he came back from the PA program. You know, folks saying that Vegas bullying him, broke him might have had a sliver of truth to it. If he was playing feeling scared that could cause all kinds of issues. But since he's been back, it's not like he goes looking to make hits but when they present themselves he takes them now. Same thing, he's holding onto pucks longer and taking more abuse to make a pass overall than he had been for quite some time.

I think it would be huge for that program if as a result of it helping G, and him talking about it, that it comforted or helped Nuke with his decision to go in. I understand the program has kind of a bad reputation because it is not run by the NHLPA only but rather in conjunction with the NHL which means the teams probably get some sort of idea of the personal issues a player is dealing with versus if they went into a private program. But the more success stories the program gets, hopefully the more players will actually use it, or a private solution but you get my point hopefully.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He reiterated he wasn’t involved, said he’s been told not to say anything and then (in what I imagine was meant to convey that he was fortunate/grateful that he hadn’t been caught up in the speculation because he wasn’t a CHL player and had apparently already left) called it a ‘fortunate bounce’ he wasn’t involved… Love the kid, could never in a million years believe he would be involved in such a thing since he’s like the ultimate good guy but boy was that a terrible choice of words
Yeah pretty bad brain fart.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
killers13.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad