GDT: Game 60: Columbus Blue Jackets vs Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree with you on Torts. He's becoming a dinosaur.

Scotty Bowman was a master at this, and the thinking was that a player who was paranoid (and a little pissy) would be a better player. I actually worked for a guy like this, and overall he was right on the money. We all hated his guts, but he got the most out of the group of guys but I'm of a different generation I guess (late 40's)

Torts will not be able to communicate with a young generation of hockey players the way he communicates, period. But I don't think he cares. And I'd bet it has everything to do with both players wanting out.
I don't remember Bowman ever ripping players in the press though...

Mgmt is a combination of carrots and stick. Some are more stick and some are more carrot. Then there's the dumbasses who try to embarrass people in the press. Therrien comes immediately to mind.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I actually like what Thompson brings to the team but he shouldn't be in the top 9. I know Kotkaniemi has struggled a lot lately, but he is the obvious answer to replace Danault.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is an important game, Julien should just make the obvious change instead of placing Nate f***ing Thompson as the 2nd line center. He already missed the playoffs by 1 point twice, so I guess he wanted to do it one more time for fun.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Ok, this is soooooo Julien. :laugh: Having a 4th liner patrol our...second line?!? Shades of the Dandouillon era!

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If he's that obsessed with keeping the other lines together then put byron at C on that line. It's a terrible idea, but still better than Thompson there.

Reactions: vokiel

HabsGifs

Follow me on twitter! @HabsGifs
Jan 29, 2009
GO HABS GO!

Beavis.gif

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Dale Weise.. Dale etait la.. Dale ctune terreur, Dale est pu la

If he's that obsessed with keeping the other lines together then put byron at C on that line. It's a terrible idea, but still better than Thompson there.
Why a terrible idea? Last time he was pretty good as a C.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nobody said that Danault was out tonight.....

Actually it looks like Danault is out tonight, and Thompson will be playing with Drouin and Gallagher.

Can we please bring Plekanec out of retirement so he can start the OT 3 on 3's while we're at it?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad