Post-Game Talk: Game #60: Canucks lose 3-1 to the Leafs - No games until Feb. 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
You should head back there....GM's don't get removed after a cup run, nor do they get ****canned after a presidents trophy winning season.
As for Raymond, let's see how he does in the playoffs.

Or whatever, stick around here and keep tooting your own horn. What's that saying about a blind squirrel?

couple of observations

1) We are now three season gone from the cup run and back to back first round knock outs
2)2013 prez trophy was won by the hawks and it is more about what you do in the playoffs then what you do in the regular season

We as a fan base need to deal with the here and the now. We spent too much time living in the past and that is why we kept guys like Nasland and Morrison three years too long. We have giant gaps that need to be addressed

HighFlyingSuperhero*

You might be right. I think there's still a bit of time.

12 points in 41 NHL games, not even close to a PPG player in the AHL.

One dimensional 'scoring' forward that doesn't produce offense. Not good.

Outside99*

couple of observations

1) We are now three season gone from the cup run and back to back first round knock outs
2)2013 prez trophy was won by the hawks and it is more about what you do in the playoffs then what you do in the regular season

We as a fan base need to deal with the here and the now. We spent too much time living in the past and that is why we kept guys like Nasland and Morrison three years too long. We have giant gaps that need to be addressed

Of course he knows how bad the situation is, he's just trying to put on a brave face. How could he possibly not know?

The Canucks are the worst team in the west for the past 6 weeks, they're out of the playoffs, old team not getting younger, no cap space, NTC's all over, and to top it all off, a coach signed for 5 years that is driving the team into the ground AND, if its even fathomable to get worse, wants his kind of player, oblivious to the fact most everyone has an NTC and players' value is at an all time low.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This team is ****ed.

If only we waited to extend the Sedins...could easily get something decent for them. I would have taken a couple of firsts and a prospect at this rate. Henrik looks alright but Daniel...man. An absolute shell of his former self. Just two years ago he put up 100+ points and won an Art Ross.

Burrows has got to go. The fairy tale is over.

Draisaitl in the draft would be awesome, exactly what we need. Such a dangerous player.

If we go on a run and finish 9th I'm disowning this team :laugh:

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
12 points in 41 NHL games, not even close to a PPG player in the AHL.

One dimensional 'scoring' forward that doesn't produce offense. Not good.

He's not physical but he's not lost defensively either. He's reading the play and helping the defense get the puck out of the zone. My main issue with Schroeder is that he's too conservative in his decision making for a guy with his ability to pass and shoot. Throwing him overboard right now for any return whatsoever seems like a waste. If he gets into a groove offensively I think his defense would be adequate to play 2nd line opponents.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If only we waited to extend the Sedins...could easily get something decent for them. I would have taken a couple of firsts and a prospect at this rate. Henrik looks alright but Daniel...man. An absolute shell of his former self. Just two years ago he put up 100+ points and won an Art Ross.

Burrows has got to go. The fairy tale is over.

In hindsight waiting a few more weeks to resign the sedins would've been a good idea, but I doubt their play will fall off the face of the earth from here on out. I bet next season they rebound atleast a bit.

Burrows has had two major injuries, safe to say after a summer to train and not wear the face shield he will also put up atleast 20 goals next season.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This core wasn't going to get it done whether we're out of the playoffs picture or in it.

I'm excited for the future and a possible restructuring of this team. The real fans reveal themselves through the hard times so it is what it is. The same guys taking the jerseys off and pretending thy weren't fans in the first place are the same guys that wouldn't watch a game but somehow blame it on Luongo lol. Good riddance.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This core wasn't going to get it done whether we're out of the playoffs picture or in it.

I'm excited for the future and a possible restructuring of this team. The real fans reveal themselves through the hard times so it is what it is. The same guys taking the jerseys off and pretending thy weren't fans in the first place are the same guys that wouldn't watch a game but somehow blame it on Luongo lol. Good riddance.

Honestly I'm not so optimistic about the future. Gillis has this core locked up long-term with NTC's and has stated he won't ask players to waive their NTC's. That tells me that we can expect more of the same going forward.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Honestly I'm not so optimistic about the future. Gillis has this core locked up long-term with NTC's and has stated he won't ask players to waive their NTC's. That tells me that we can expect more of the same going forward.

We'll become the Flames/Leafs of the past, I just hope that he isn't that ignorant about the direction this current group is headed..he's gotta be smarter than that. But if he insists on sticking to his word about NTC's then he has to go so a new GM can basically come in with an "all bets are off" approach.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Gillis doesn't give much away during interviews so I'm not so sure he won't ask someone to waive, Gillis is a bit of a clown of a GM when it comes to trading players... Hodgson, Schneider/Luongo both of those trades had so much drama around them, so I'm looking forward to seeing what days of our lives soap opera drama this team will be airing in the offseason.

HighFlyingSuperhero*

If that's the case than Gillis doesn't have a job come June.

Bertie

Jan 20, 2013
Raymond is just a horrendous playoff performer. Do not want.

Check his record again, even with all his injuries he has better figures than most of the forwards in that team apart from the Sedins, Kes and Burr.

Leafs on the other hand, given a D trade look set to go, Raymond included.

Last edited by a moderator:

Betamax*

Luuuuuuuuu

Elite goaltender, mega elite

About three years ago, I would have agreed not 100% but a limited time special bonus 10% to make it 110% ... But I checked the calender and it read 2014 not 2011 ..... :(

HighFlyingSuperhero*

Gillis has said he will not discuss NTCs with players...........so it looks like he is hoping his "big move" Torts is going to drive them into his office and beg for a trade.

This is what likely will happen. Gillis will come to the players and say he's re-tooling and would they like to be apart of the process.

My guess is most will say 'no thanks'

Betamax*

All I can say is that for me, these are the darkest days since the Messier/Keenan era.

Well, on a brighter note, Messier/Keenan era put the Canucks in a position to draft the Sedins.

So maybe it will be deja vu and the end of the movie will be an Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett or even McDavid if it's a Gone Like the Wind type of movie.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This is what likely will happen. Gillis will come to the players and say he's re-tooling and would they like to be apart of the process.

My guess is most will say 'no thanks'

Yeah, I mean lots of these players signed those ntc's because they thought this was an awesome team that would compete for at least a few more years, but now that the team is looking very poor, I'm sure a few players won't hesitate to leave to a decent team.

HighFlyingSuperhero*

Yeah, I mean lots of these players signed those ntc's because they thought this was an awesome team that would compete for at least a few more years, but now that the team is looking very poor, I'm sure a few players won't hesitate to leave to a decent team.

Exactly. People are reading too much into this NTC thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad