BRUINS GDT GAME 60 - BRUINS find their way to San Jose - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
So can someone explain why a penalty shot was awarded?
Rule 145.3 When the Maple Leafs are within one point of the Boston Bruins penalty shots will be awarded to the opposition on every opportunity possible.
It's right after rule 145.2 When the Maple Leafs are within one point of the Boston Bruins, Pucks must cross the goal line by at least two or three inches before being awarded a goal for the Bruins.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also, I typically agree with what Jaffe says, but he's wrong regarding them awarding a penalty shot there.

Is he hooked? Yes he is. Should it have been a penalty? Yes. But a penalty shot? I dunno about that. He's not on a breakaway, not a totally clear lane to the net, and it doesn't prevent him from a scoring chance. He still makes two moves and get it by Rask.

If that's the impedious for a penalty shot, Marchand should have two a game.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The hot takes in here are just as bad as the refs
oautE5ssag5nW.gif

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Also, I typically agree with what Jaffe says, but he's wrong regarding them awarding a penalty shot there.

Is he hooked? Yes he is. Should it have been a penalty? Yes. But a penalty shot? I dunno about that. He's not on a breakaway, not a totally clear lane to the net, and it doesn't prevent him from a scoring chance. He still makes two moves and get it by Rask.

If that's the impedious for a penalty shot, Marchand should have two a game.

Maybe

If not hooked...the puck may have trickled through

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Rule 24 – Penalty Shot
24.1 Penalty Shot – A penalty shot is designed to restore a scoring opportunity which was lost as a result of a foul being committed by the offending team, based on the parameters set out in these rules.

From the NHL rulebook. Did they really determine that Couture was denied a scoring opportunity?

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
bergy high sticked gets called and we stil have the lead . I know its sounding like a broken record but refs are really f***ing us tonight . Starting with the no goal call

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bruins problem is being satisfied with 2 goal lead. Just strolling along ...scared to give up goals

Instead of attacking

Cassidy never learns
they had a 3-0 lead.
that late goal gave sj all the momentum. its been all them since.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If thats a penalty shot the refs have legit been calling it wrong for the entirety of my time watching hockey.

Never in my life have I seen a penalty shot called like that either.

They’re just so horrifically inept, it’s maddening!

Reactions: Bodit9

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’d rather the Bruins try and get a top d-man. These faster teams are exposing the bruins slow blue line.

Thy could most diffidently use a shut-down d-man on the left-side. Their more than OK with Carlo and McAvoy on the right but that left side could use some help Chara's old and slow an is easily exposed Krug battles but is a defensive liability and Grizz maybe their best on the left side because of his quickness and retrieval skills but they need help in the top 4. Its gets over looked as a need because of their team defensive system covers it up but it wont come playoff time when the pace and intensity picks up big time.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought he was clearly in front of both of them.

Not seeing it.

Letter of the law? Maybe, but I don’t recall ever seeing a PS called with two players in that close proximity to the shooter.

Penalty? Absolutely.

Penalty shot? No. Particularly with the way the rest of the game has been officiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad