GDT: Game 60: Anaheim Ducks vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm PT, BSW (Henrique’s last game?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I was at the game. It looked like the only reason we weren’t blown out was a combination of Dostal making a half dozen amazing saves and their goalies belonging in the ECHL.
That's us on most nights, we are a shit team. Congrats on purchasing a ticket. I like the make up of what we iced on D compared to other nights. Young and inexperienced but it will get there.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
This org struggles a lot with drafting depth forwards who can score but by god we always have a new extremely capable goalie in the wings.

Reactions: ScarTroy

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That's us on most nights, we are a shit team. Congrats on purchasing a ticket. I like the make up of what we iced on D compared to other nights. Young and inexperienced but it will get there.
No, it’s absolutely not. Last night was second only to the Toronto no-name goalie game in shots against. The Ducks (after last night) average 33.3 SA/G. They have 3 games out of 60 where they gave up 50+, another 5 between 41-44, 13 between 35-39, 18 between 30-34, 16 between 25-29, and then 24, 22, and 19 SA games. (Bonus points to anyone who knows the hapless team we held under 20).

The game last night was multiple standard deviations worse that what we do “all the time”

SA the last 10 games - 55, 28, 29, 50 (LA), 27, 37, 32, 34, 38, 32,
The previous 10? - 28, 37, 44, 30, 33, 19, 28, 33, 41, 34.

One also cannot say the team “is shit on most nights”, then say, on the night that they gave up 66% more shots than their average, that the defense “looked great”.

There’s a difference between being optimistic about how the youth played and giving them all participation trophies when the defense was actually objectively bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hey234 and JAHV

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You think 55 shots against “looked great”? 76 including the blocked shots?

I pointed out to you on the scoreboard last night, 50+ SOG against not good. We were yet again missing half our Top 6 as soon as Mac went down, and as much as I love Jones, he is not Leo Carlsson or Trevor Zegras.

This game is why the Devils are looking for goal-tending. I feel for Jack Hughes all that skill going to waste on a team that can be a contender if they fixed their D and Goaltending.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I pointed out to you on the scoreboard last night, 50+ SOG against not good. We were yet again missing half our Top 6 as soon as Mac went down, and as much as I love Jones, he is not Leo Carlsson or Trevor Zegras.

This game is why the Devils are looking for goal-tending. I feel for Jack Hughes all that skill going to waste on a team that can be a contender if they fixed their D and Goaltending.
Yeah, the Devils have horrible goaltending, and are ludicrously soft. The entire team failing to respond (including the goalie) when Jones just full on ran him was pretty telling. Linstrom was making major errors last night, Gudas was absolutely gassed and was repeatedly flat footed on transitions in both directions (outstanding hitting notwithstanding), and as a team we were bad at getting the puck out.

Fun fact - we have 22 games to get 11 points in order to tie last year.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No, it’s absolutely not. Last night was second only to the Toronto no-name goalie game in shots against. The Ducks (after last night) average 33.3 SA/G. They have 3 games out of 60 where they gave up 50+, another 5 between 41-44, 13 between 35-39, 18 between 30-34, 16 between 25-29, and then 24, 22, and 19 SA games. (Bonus points to anyone who knows the hapless team we held under 20).

The game last night was multiple standard deviations worse that what we do “all the time”

One also cannot say the team “is shit on most nights”, then say, on the night that they gave up 66% more shots than their average, that the defense “looked great”.

There’s a difference between being optimistic about how the youth played and giving them all participation trophies when the defense was actually objectively bad.
Meh they were missing a large portion of our offense, which means it was going to be a struggle to control the play much.

Was also the first game with that group.

We’re actually 100% win percentage when fowler doesn’t play

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA

I'm sure not having Carlson and McTavish on a back to back played into it. I look forward to seeing more of this set up on D.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah, the Devils have horrible goaltending, and are ludicrously soft. The entire team failing to respond (including the goalie) when Jones just full on ran him was pretty telling. Linstrom was making major errors last night, Gudas was absolutely gassed and was repeatedly flat footed on transitions in both directions (outstanding hitting notwithstanding), and as a team we were bad at getting the puck out.

Fun fact - we have 22 games to get 11 points in order to tie last year.

Entire team looked gassed. Dostal stole this game - full stop. NJD outplayed the depleted and tired ducks.

I do agree NJD are soft and obviously the goaltending was bad. They just traded for MacDermid. Maybe they want to make an offer for Dostal? (half kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad