Post-Game Talk: GAME 60 - 5 points on the trip but it doesn't feel right - Kraken 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Pasta had 2 goals and an assist (also #1 star of the game). He is NOT the problem here.
I didn’t say he was the problem since he is one of the few people who can apparently score a goal. Just said he looked disinterested in the shot. I still don’t understand it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn’t say he was the problem since he is one of the few people who can apparently score a goal. Just said he looked disinterested in the shot. I still don’t understand it.
It’s just the approach he takes, he scored in game like that. Probably takes that approach to disguise the release off his stick

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Babajingo

6 straight OTs. ~%33 of their games went into OT.
I'm going to put on my tin foil hat and wonder if the league want's close games. :)
It would be interesting to see how many times the losing team in the third period has gotten a power play. something like that.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This is why I am firmly in the "fire Monty" camp. If there isn't already one, I'm starting it. He's a clown. He broke up the goalie rotation in the playoffs last year and played an injured Ullmark, he blew up the pairings in an ELITE D corps, screwed with the forwards . . . he absolutely flushed a record-breaking season.

And now we're seeing it without the Bergeron influence. It's all Monty, and it's all bullshit. Goaltending boosted the early season numbers, now that house of cards has fallen with the save percentages.

Yeah any time a coach can get a wild card level roster to finish in the top 3, you definitely wanna fire that guy.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Could be deception, could be that the great ones make it look easy.
The simple fact is most breakaways don't go in, no matter what the player tries.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Any word on lindholm?

like to see this D lineup when he comes back
Lindholm-Mcavoy
Wotherspoon-Carlo
Lorhei-Shattenkirk

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is why I am firmly in the "fire Monty" camp. If there isn't already one, I'm starting it. He's a clown. He broke up the goalie rotation in the playoffs last year and played an injured Ullmark, he blew up the pairings in an ELITE D corps, screwed with the forwards . . . he absolutely flushed a record-breaking season.

And now we're seeing it without the Bergeron influence. It's all Monty, and it's all bullshit. Goaltending boosted the early season numbers, now that house of cards has fallen with the save percentages.
this is why none of us on here are GM`s

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You're going to get Grzelcyk and you're going to like it!
Probably so unless there is a trade. But any lineup that plays Shattenkirk over Gryz, or puts Wotherspoon in the top 4 is worse to me. I get the love for Parker, I am glad he is in there in the 3rd pair role, but objectively he isn't great- he's positively hazardous with the puck on his stick in the D zone. And we are going to get Forbort and we will like it also, unless a trade happens.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
Yeah any time a coach can get a wild card level roster to finish in the top 3, you definitely wanna fire that guy.

It was the goalie performances in the early season. Now the team can't buy a regulation win. They were winning IN SPITE of the coach, not because of him. Just look at the changes he makes to the lines, nobody knows wtf is going on on the ice. He's creating chaos out there. Take that along with the biggest playoff failure and upset in the history of hockey, and yeah, he should be fired.

• Haha
Reactions: lopey

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Changes to the team are needed
Probably.... but JVR on the second might do for 1 period... maybe. 1/3 of the ice won't be covered, JVR is imo way too slow imo. But I have been wrong before might be now.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

IMG_1115.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Probably.... but JVR on the second might do for 1 period... maybe. 1/3 of the ice won't be covered, JVR is imo way too slow imo. But I have been wrong before might be now.
Sure, he is slow but for the price he has been decent. I like how he parks himself in front of the net and is difficult to move. We need a better second line.

Reactions: Trizz617 and BMC

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Sure, he is slow but for the price he has been decent. I like how he parks himself in front of the net and is difficult to move. We need a better second line.
I like JVR season don't read me wrong. But the second line duty for JVR...........not sold. But correct when he has the time to park in front of the net, he is one big and very good garbage goalscorer.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I like JVR season don't read me wrong. But the second line duty for JVR...........not sold. But correct when he has the time to park in front of the net, he is one big and very good garbage goalscorer.
I agree JVR should not be in the top lines. Jake hasn't been good, and he makes a lot more $. We have a few very good 3d and 4th line players...Not enough top liners. A trade is needed

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I agree JVR should not be in the top lines. Jake hasn't been good, and he makes a lot more $. We have a few very good 3d and 4th line players...Not enough top liners.
Yep. Correct. But I beleive Monty will change lines ALL game. IMO, Monty still ain't sure of line combination to ice the best roster possible....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad