Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Galch - Kerfoot - Nylander
Mikheyev - Engvall - Hyman
Thornton/Brooks - Spezza - Simmonds

Is what I would've done

Agreed completely. Hide Foligno on the wing while he gets back up to game speed, it's all moot though because I don't think Foligno is going to play anyway.

I want the HEM line reunited badly.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
By losing game 5 the Leafs have already failed the test to prove that they have killer instinct, losing tonight imo would seal their fate, Leafs in 7th games simply don't go.

I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't know where some of you get the confidence from, knowing the history of this franchise. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
By losing game 5 the Leafs have already failed the test to prove that they have killer instinct, losing tonight imo would seal their fate, Leafs in 7th games simply don't go.

I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't know where some of you get the confidence from, knowing the history of this franchise. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Vegas lost game 5 and 6 and then won game 7

Do they lack killer instinct?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Vegas lost game 5 and 6 and then won game 7

Do they lack killer instinct?

No because Vegas has won 6, yes SIX playoff series since the 2017-18 season.

The Leafs have won 0 playoff series since 2004.

Therein lies the difference, look I'm a Leafs fan like anyone else, I guess I've just got too much PTSD to share the same confidence as you, credit to you for that. I hope I'm wrong.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Therein lies the difference, look I'm a Leafs fan like anyone else, I guess I've just got too much PTSD to share the same confidence as you, credit to you for that.

And how many did they have before their first one ? ZERO YES ZERO. You have to start somewhere, this can and will likely be the first of many wins for this group. Last years results don't dictate what will happen this year. If you truly believe that, you should not really ever cheer for this team. What you're saying is no different from the posters who constantly remind us "No wins since 2004 ! look at history guys no wins since then, therefore they are guaranteed to never win a series again !"

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
if someone said after game one that the Leafs would win 3 of the next 4 games, I don't think anyone would be too upset with that. The Leafs are in a great position

Reactions: MattySnipes

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why 7:30
Why so close to 8pm game, start at least by 7, on a Saturday, so we can see a period of the other game, assuming no OT.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Also don’t know about you lot but aside from the SDP I haven’t listened to any hockey talk or “analysis” at all leading up to this game, and given some of the shit I’ve seen being spouted, like Marty Biron and Dave Poulin opining that somehow Jack is to blame for Game 5, I’ve been better off without any.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm almost over him at this point.

Dubas gave up a 1st for a walking bandaid. I think he really skipped on some homework before he made that trade.

He’s Owen Nolan 2.0, but at least the Leafs got a (albeit short) full playoff run and a nearly full regular season out of him before he missed the entirety of the ‘04 playoffs.

Reactions: IPS

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm almost over him at this point.

Dubas gave up a 1st for a walking bandaid. I think he really skipped on some homework before he made that trade.

I think there was speculation that him and Matthews colliding in practice is what started this whole ordeal.

Reactions: Optimist

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Can’t risk Foligno playing tonight based on Kristen’s comments. Mikey and Engvall are better together. Leave Kerfoot with Willy I am fine with Dermott back in. Just win

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

Therein lies the difference, look I'm a Leafs fan like anyone else, I guess I've just got too much PTSD to share the same confidence as you, credit to you for that. I hope I'm wrong.

And zero cups? If so who gives a shit

Ppl in here complain about the leafs then brag about shit like finishing second. Loser mentality

only one team wins a year. They’re the only team that matters.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

These thangs don't matter at all sire. Errrbody who's played the game knows. Or coached. Game seven is always a whole different thang. Yes we have some same personel we had in the past, but so many new faces too....... its amazing how differently some human beings just see the life and world sire. You see it totally different than I doos. Our personel has also grown from those old game sevens. Of course they do. Once you lose a game seven, you never want to lose that AGAIN. That's how life and the world goes sire. I see us a REAL FAVOURITE to win ANY GAME SEVEN with this current squad. Easily sire. There's reasons to this dirt here. I know we gon we tonight and after it too. So many times. With any situation whatsoever sire.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Even Foligno at his best shouldn't be taking Kerfoot's place, but he can't even skate properly. it also makes no sense that Sandin came out but Thornton is still playing

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

You should show us your betting balance. You must make a killing being this knowledgeable in sports.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
And zero cups? If so who gives a shit

Ppl in here complain about the leafs then brag about shit like finishing second. Loser mentality

only one team wins a year. They’re the only team that matters.

I prefer to at least win some series and go better than 0-5 in games where there is an opportunity to advance. I'll still take what Vegas have done 100 times out of 100 over the Leafs. You have to win series in order to win the cup, that's not a novel concept.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

I don’t understand why people keep bringing up the past failures of more successful teams to try to hand wave away this teams failures. “But Tampa got swept by Columbus” yeah? They were winning rounds and made a SCF and Conference Finals before that, safe to say that was a massive fluke. “Washington took forever to win a Cup” but they won actual playoff rounds(!) and a few presidents trophies beforehand, Leafs have one division title to their name and it was during a massive divisional realignment due to a pandemic.

Fact of the matter is this core hasn’t proven they’re able to finish the job and get that all important fourth win of a series. We can talk about difficult playoff matchups and immaturity and anti-clutch goaltending all we want, but at the end of the day this team hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt. Christ it’s not like we’re asking them to like make it to the Cup finals here, it’s winning FOUR games.

I want this team to win so bad, I (since this is such an issue) THINK they can win this series, but I’ll never be rid of that nagging feeling in the back of my head until it’s signed, sealed, and delivered. And the way game 5 went did not give me confidence in this group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad