Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
VC18SVW.jpg

Keys to the game:
- Will the considerate Maple Leafs hand Montreal another game to buy Tavares additional recovery days?
- Will Matthews shift out of cruise control and put Montreal out of their misery?
- Will Marner remember how to play hockey?
- Will Foligno return to the lineup?

Stay tuned

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

5bequ1.jpg

5bes0k.jpg

Chief Keefe's Notes:
- We gifted them 3 goals
- No worries for Game 6
- Foligno day2day
- Thinking about putting Dermott in

To Do List for the Buds:
-> Win the GAME -> WIN the Series
-> Then laugh at their fans for paying $1K+ for the tickets LOL
-> Prep for Jets

BOTTOM LINE
  • There is NO quit
  • There is NO fear
  • There is NO anxiety
  • There is NO tried our best
In the wise words of Sean Connery....

tenor.gif

GOAL IS TO SCORE MORE GOALS
GOAL IS TO WIN
GOAL IS TO BE THE BEST
GOAL IS TO BE THE CHAMP

Lets GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACHIEVE OUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown:
W, W, W, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I doubt Sandin plays tonight after last game, Dermott in, this will be a telling sign of Folignos injury whether he plays tonight or not.

Should be icing the best lineup possible, nobody wants a game 7.

Hit em hard, should have won last game but the past is the past, gotta come out strong, flex those muscles, show em whose boss.

I expect a big game from Matthews tonight, needs to separate himself and show he can lead in the moment like all the greats do.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Galch - Kerfoot - Nylander
Mikheyev - Engvall - Hyman
Thornton/Brooks - Spezza - Simmonds

Is what I would've done
Yup, I really wouldn't touch the Kerfoot line. Gally/Kerfoot/Nylander have been our best line, so pleased with the way Kerfoot has been playing. I didn't know he had that kind of game in him. Hyman to the 3rd line makes the line a legitimate threat every time their on the ice.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
I quite dont understand why Marner and Matthews would all of a sudden light it up if we dont change anything. Habs are successfully shutting them down..
Hope willy is on fire again then.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I quite dont understand why Marner and Matthews would all of a sudden light it up if we dont change anything. Habs are successfully shutting them down..
Hope willy is on fire again then.

Marner is holding them back imo. He's playing scared and second guessing himself with the puck. Matthews is hitting and engaged, Marners decision making is bad. He needs to have the same confidence level he had in the regular season.

Reactions: makbeer and Atomos2

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Marner is holding them back imo. He's playing scared and second guessing himself with the puck. Matthews is hitting and engaged, Marners decision making is bad. He needs to have the same confidence level he had in the regular season.
Hopefully if they end up struggling offensively early in the game, Keefe gets Marner off that line. Leafs have two player that can drive their own line on the same line. With Tavares in that was fine, but if we're struggling to score in this game, that's another option that hasn't been explored even once in this series.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

He says Foligno is a gametime decision but these lines suggest he's likely a go.

I don't think simmonds deserves being above Engvall but this seems to be an acknowledgement of reality that Spezza should not play C.

Of course one way to get Engvall back up on that 3rd line would be to put Nash at 4C and drop one of Thornton or simmonds (or galchenyuk) from the lineup, but we'll see if Keefe is ever ready to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad