Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
I predict the Blues will throw 30 low quality trash shots at the side of the net in a dump and chase game (aka Blues style hockey) and get another sweet goal from Frank before losing 3-1. Of course, Oshie will provide a screen for the Wild game winning goal.

This team played with such speed and skill during the regular season, but when the pressure is on the pathetic "Blues brand" of playoff hockey comes back. Dump the puck, overcommit, lose the battle in the corner, then stand around and watch the opposing team exit the zone, while limping back to the bench for a line change.

I am considering rooting for the Wild...thinking rooting for the Blues for 35 years has yielded nothing...maybe the Wild will disappoint if we all change sides.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Hey BadgersandBlues I think I agree with everything you said there. I liked the Goc trade at the time it went down, but as of right now I'd rather have Maxim on the 4th line with Ott/Porter and Reaves, I remember he elevated his game in the playoffs last year and was probably better on the forecheck creating more energy.

Stas with Schwartz and Tank isn't working for some reason, which is utterly baffling to me because on paper that should be our #1 offensive line. Jokinen with Schwartz and Tank could be interesting, and I think if nothing else Jokinen should be in for Jaskin at least, although I think Jaskin has played pretty decent considering this is his first taste of the NHL playoffs.

I'd be ok with Elliott starting game 6.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I hope Elliott gets the start, really don't want to see Allen shaking like a leaf, and choking again.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I'm confused as to why we wnet back to our old lines.....CRUSHED MINNY....and then decided that we'd switch up the lines again....I....I just don't get it.......

What? We were forced to make changes because lehtera couldn't play, but we started the same with Goc playing in place of Statsny.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
What? We were forced to make changes because lehtera couldn't play, but we started the same with Goc playing in place of Statsny.

yeah the old lines weren't an option. I hope we see jokinen instead of goc. Also, lehtera may be ready for game 6, which is a big deal because Stastny transforms that third line into an offensive threat. If lehtera can't go, I hope lindbohm or bortuzz or .... I hope there is a change of some sort.

I think Allen should start. I think he will bounce back strong... based on how aggressive he is.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Berglund spotted in the wild in game 6.
bigfoot.jpg

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
and i know most haven't seen it yet, but NBCskeptics network caught this photo of Jaskin's dangle snipe in game 7
beast2.getty.jpg

edit: if you look closely, you can see the puck is just barely over the line

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nobody knows what to expect, but I think it's going to be one extreme or the other. I think we're either going to come out and destroy Minny from the puck drop, or we're going to allow a goal early, and never have a chance. It's the Blues, so it's pretty obvious which way we expect it to go. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we win tomorrow and lose game 7 at home. I really wouldn't. The Blues always have to make things painful :laugh: Oh well. Go Blues!

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
That's what pissese off, is that we find the lines to get it done but we don't stay with them. I don't care if we win tomorrow because the Blues can't win 2 in a row post season so what's the point? Just prolongs the big let down and allows them to celebrate on our ice. And if we did go to round 2, we will get the usual embarrassing crush by Chicago, but by making it to round 2 would there be that illusion of an improved team and people like Hitch and Oshie-no-show be allowed to keep their jobs? I know, I sound gloom and doom and terrible but I'm one of those that have seen this too many times and am fed up. This team hasn't proven anything to me. Their time to put up and shut up has long past.

We did last year, and the year before.

And the Wild haven't won two games in a row in this series.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Nobody knows what to expect, but I think it's going to be one extreme or the other. I think we're either going to come out and destroy Minny from the puck drop, or we're going to allow a goal early, and never have a chance. It's the Blues, so it's pretty obvious which way we expect it to go. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we win tomorrow and lose game 7 at home. I really wouldn't. The Blues always have to make things painful :laugh: Oh well. Go Blues!

Yep, they go down early and it's over. This team isn't Detroit who blew game 4 the other day and went back to Tampa and shut them out/smoked them to answer. Or even Chicago, who went down by 2 very early to Nashville last night, and came right back to close out their series. One hint of adversity or bad break for the Blues and it's game over, they all give up. Allen's terrible soft first goal(on the first shot) broke the mentally fragile blues backs.

Adversity happens in such a long playoff season, don't see the blues ever going very far if they cannot learn to roll with the adversity, and overcome, improvise and adapt like winners do.

Last edited:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
why not play Jokinen instead of Goc if 12 is out?

Because Hitch will not change his game plan, because it's right. Not his fault if the blues get his game plan wrong, just means not enough buy-in.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
All I can say is, this team better get the job done. Watching a team in rebuild mode (Flames) go further than us is UNACCEPTABLE and if they choke this series away, they better make drastic changes.

The West is freaking wide open this year and these guys are gonna waste another freaking shot.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Ill be watching the game, but wow, i never really believed that we would be at this point. This is the first time their backs are truly against the wall this year. No clue who is going to show up or who is going to disappear, but it will be telling.

Joker can play on the PK, can't he? If so, i hope he is out there instead of Goc, but i dont expect him to play.

No GDT yet? Or are we just going to use the negativity thread?

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Eh. We win today, we win game 7.
Then we sweep dem hawks, then probably some duck hunting will occur.
And finally we'll paint that green lady blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad