Post-Game Talk: Game #6: Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
U guys should um look again he got a couple shifts then AV went to 9 forwards glass malone and Duclair sat. What is going on here? Lol

AHB*

Yeah I'm not sure what game that poster was watching. Malone got bumped up to Brass and Zucc's line in the 3rd and stayed there all period.

Duke was plastered to the bench. We cut down to 3 lines mostly. Duke saw 1 or 2 shifts in the 3rd and that was it. MSL was moved back to the wing and Hayes was bumped to #1C.

Pretty sure he's confusing Duke with Malone, who saw a regular shift on the second line with Brass & Zucc.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Duke was plastered to the bench. We cut down to 3 lines mostly. Duke saw 1 or 2 shifts in the 3rd and that was it. MSL was moved back to the wing and Hayes was bumped to #1C.

Pretty sure he's confusing Duke with Malone, who saw a regular shift on the second line with Brass & Zucc.

I don't think Hayes was bumped to 1C until later in the 3rd period. You look at the box and he only ended up with 10 minutes or so of ice time in the game.

There was definitely a period of time where Duclair, Malone, and Glass were on the bench for an extended stretch.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So av cut down to 9 forwards 3 sat who were the 3 boys? Not difficult here

Glass malone and Duclair im not the one confused here lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Malone had an ok game last night wasn't good against Carolina got a shot with brass for a few shifts av quickly saw that wasn't gonna work because he can't skate so he went to 3 lines

He wasn't good against the isles in that first game. I think last night was first time he looked ok but certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as having Duclair in there

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When Stepan comes back, I expect that center to be Hayes. Either that, or it will be Stepan himself if AV doesn't want to mess with the big line. Right now, the 3rd line just needs to contribute positively in terms of defense and possession. It isn't about points. That's what happens when the 1C gets injured.

I agree. Hayes, Stepan, Brassard looks to be a solid group. Hayes adds some much needed size and strength to that group.

For all of the *****ing and complaining I have seen about Glass and Malone those 2 guys know their roles are are good at them. They hit. They back-up their teammates. They get the puck in deep and cycle. They are defensively responsible as well.

Glass hits quite a bit more than any 4th liner the Rangers have had in a while. And he hits solidly, not just glancing blows.

Malone really uses his size and reach to muck it up in the corners. I have seen a few times where he is battling with another Ranger and he immediately starts to tie up 2 opponents using his body and stick to allow the other player to grab the puck. Watch next game, it's a very interesting talent to have and a very unselfish play and he does it consistently. It's part of the reason he is so helpful on the PP. Puck retrieval in the corner.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Malone had an ok game last night wasn't good against Carolina got a shot with brass for a few shifts av quickly saw that wasn't gonna work because he can't skate so he went to 3 lines

He wasn't good against the isles in that first game. I think last night was first time he looked ok but certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as having Duclair in there

Duclair shouldn't be on the 4th line and they play totally different roles

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yah for 2 shifts before he was stapled to the bench when AV saw be clearly didn't belong there lol

Completely false.

Yeah I'm not sure what game that poster was watching. Malone got bumped up to Brass and Zucc's line in the 3rd and stayed there all period.

If you guys are talking about the Carolina game, Malone only played 3 shifts in the third (about 2:20 worth of TOI) and none in OT.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/TH020057.HTM

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
A lot to like. Cred to Slats&co for convincing Hayes to com here. Looking awesome so far, really mature in his game!

AHB*

Malone was arguably the only bright spot in that Isles game.

Well, on Tuesday night in his Rangers debut, Malone proved that many of his strengths address the weaknesses his team had displayed in previous losses to Columbus and Toronto.

Malone, who stands 6-4, 224 pounds, was credited with five hits and two shots on goal in 11:39 of ice time, and New York’s power play looked leaps and bounds better with Malone standing in front of Isles goalie Jaroslav Halak.

The power play still went 0-for-3 to fall to 0-for-11 on the season, but the Blueshirts registered eight shots during six minutes on the man advantage with Malone creating good traffic at the crease.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Kreider - Hayes - Nash (big, strong, fast and skilled)
Hags - Stepan - MSL (talented, quick, responsible)
Lee - Brass - Zuccs (methodical, talented, quick and responsible)
Glass - Moore - Malone (slow, physical, responsible)

I like the top 9, but I do not like that 4th line.

I would prefer to take advantage of D. Moore's skills offensively which means keeping Stempniak there and moving Malone to LW and Glass to the press box.

Put Duke with Brass and Zuccs

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Hags - Stapan - MSL
Duke - Brass - Zuccs
Malone - Moore - Stempniak

roll 4 lines.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I admit Malone has been better than I thought he'd be, actually seems to be moving better than he was in preseason. Maybe it's also just that he's not on a scoring line in regular season games.

That said he's still not exactly doing anything awesome, just not being a liability out there and is creating some chaos in front of the net. We'll see how things go...

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I admit Malone has been better than I thought he'd be, actually seems to be moving better than he was in preseason. Maybe it's also just that he's not on a scoring line in regular season games.

That said he's still not exactly doing anything awesome, just not being a liability out there and is creating some chaos in front of the net. We'll see how things go...

With his paycheck, playing on the 4th line, that is pretty much all we should expect.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I would prefer to take advantage of D. Moore's skills offensively which means keeping Stempniak there and moving Malone to LW and Glass to the press box.

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Hags - Stapan - MSL
Duke - Brass - Zuccs

roll 4 lines.
Agreed.

Although who is this Stapan guy? :)

dmitri kalinin

Sep 18, 2014

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Hags - Stapan - MSL
Duke - Brass - Zuccs

roll 4 lines.

Totally agree..gives us most depth with skill thru all 4 lines..no rush to send Duclair back to then not have him for sure at all the rest of the year..he doesnt have to play every game and even if that experiment doesnt work thru January then you can send him back. but no need to rush to get rid of him now when you cant get him back

AHB*

We are better sliding Stempniak down and having Duclair in the lineup

Don't see how you can say this with such confidence. Duclair really hasn't done much. He has looked in over his head with how physical the NHL is.

Regardless, right now the only real spot for him would be on the 4th line and I'd rather have him in juniors.

Stempniak should absolutely not be taknig a cut in playing time for a rookie who has easily been less effective then him.

I really don't understand why you're advocating cutting Stempniak's playing time for Duke. He's been our best forward outside of Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad