GDT: Game 6 | Pittsburgh @ Columbus | 7 PM EST | Big Brother Returns

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I feel like if Johnson goes to the center position he should be with Gaudreau. That said, Im guessing Larsen feels Jenner has to be attached to Gaudreau like Atkinson had to be attached to Panarin for Torts.
Its weird how things work out. A year ago Voracek was exactly what the team needed but all of a sudden with the addition of Gaudreau and Johnson a guy like Atkinson could thrive here again.
I think your are right about Lars’ take on Boone with Gaudreau and I‘m fine with it when Laine is with them Because like Johnny, he’s a dynamic player. But right now there’s no Laine. Boone and Gus are fine players, but as pair playing them with Johnny limits his ability to maximize his skill set. Until Laine returns I’d prefer to see Johnny with another pair or go full bold and try KJ at center with Johnny and Gus. Short of that I’m fine with the KJ-Ros-Chinakov line you suggested on another post.

Stevo61, your point about Cam has merit for sure.

Reactions: Youngguns80

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
No real downside to trying it. It doesn't look like we're winning the cup this year. Just institutional resistance to putting a 19 year old rookie at #1C.

Dubois got his first chance with Panarin in November of his rookie year I think. If I remember correctly the line was Panarin - Dubois - Anderson.
And didn’t Dubois get that chance only because of an injury forcing his move to center?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
All I can say is I am done with going to Pens games at Nationwide. It's no fun. I can even handle the beatings but I cannot handle feeling like I am in another team's building. I will still go to games at NWA...just not Pens games.

Penguins fans will continue to over-populate NWA as long as we continue to lose to them in dramatic and spectacular fashion. If the CBJ ever finally get over the Penguins curse and the SRO Penguins fan base begins to trickle, I will return. Until then I will have to watch those games in misery on TV.

BTW, I am not bashing Pens fans. Fanbases of very successful teams are usually obnoxious. Patriots, Yankees, Buckeyes...remember Hawks and Wings fans when their teams were on top?
As was pointed out earlier in the thread, there are lots of Pens fans who are local. There is a host of folks transplanted from Western PA and the Ohio Valley region (myself included) who have retained their original rooting interest in the Pens.

As has been told many times, I did not. Despite being a Penguins fan for the first 34-35 years of my life, I opted to be a CBJ fan first. So yeah I don’t like going to these games because the less obnoxious but equally passionate Pens fans are, basically, me. And I hate them.

But of course I’ve been them, as a Steelers fan in Cincy, where Bengals fans have always been cool to me but less so to a-hole visiting fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad