Game 6 lineup and plan

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Thank-you for showing some sanity.

Crawford needs to be the better goalie tonight and Saturday. The rest will take care of itself.

It's possible we see TVR in place of Timonen but other than that leave things alone. Any issues that Hawks skaters may have are between the ears.

If TVR is ready (big if), I am completely on board with that.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I'd like to see Saad and Bickel swap for a shift or two.

Bickel isn't helping Richards and Kane.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How has it been a "great season" for Blackhawks hockey? WE finished only 3rd in our division...We failed to get home ice advantage for all playoffs...perhaps costing us if we even get to a game with ANH...Sharp falls off the cliff as a goal scoring sniper...Hossa declines in goal scoring and fails again miserably to light the lamp in playoffs..This is decline not "greatness"...Declines by Bickell Shaw and Kruger...All in trades for Timonen and Vermette hardly showing additions to "greatness" ...most would say big fails or at best mixed results..Richards band-aid 2C solution kind of meh...hardly call it addition to "greatness"..No way would I call this a "great " season for Blackhawks hockey..And consider how "great" we were around the 20-25 game mark when Surltter called us the best team in hockey..Then we fell off in the 2nd half...after 2015 began the new year...to play meh hockey and wait to flip the switch in the playoffs while we enjoyed dogging it at the Q Country Club from Jan 1st till playoffs.. Hardly "great" hockey in my view..Finally injury to Rozsival doomed us to depth problem in d-corps to face a very very good team in ANH for which we may have run out of finding ways..and can no longer flip any more switches.. Hardly call this whimper she'll of our former greatness of the 2 Cup teams as a "great season of Blackhawks hockey...I would instead call it a frustrating "All In" waiting for an inevitable exit ...a patch-work of band-aid and former stars geezer g on us and the big dough extensions to T and K and the consequent cap-crunch uncertainties weighing heavily on our Team game. ..so let the heros T and K save us...the support cast plebes not quite ready to follow them to glory and some worried that they must be elsewhere for cap reasons next season and so why put out for the Indianhead if your going to be kicked out anyway..Or if you are a stop-gap rental your investment to the Blackhawks cause is temporary at best and hardly a comittment to "greatness"..

.th

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
SVEDBERG instead of Timonen..

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa
You see if Bickell not producing and making defensive mistakes and if Kane not on a mission but slacking again both offensively (2 shots last game shows disinterest as was also his lack of interest in defending) and defensively and with Richards not doing much...bench them all...not just Bickell!

Now you put the vet Hossa to calm down the kids on line 3 .
.but the kids will have hunger at least and not take periods off.

Rundblad cannot defend his own zone...but neither does Kane...so if you put Rundblad at forward you get about the same forward defensive ability..But at least Rundblad will hustle if you let him attack...and I bet he gets off more than the 2 shots Kane mustered in this crucial game 5 loss...And since Hossa cannot beat any goalies anymore it is no loss on first line RW goal expectation to try Rundblad there instead..he probably will score some goals doing it as a RW.

AND elevating the Sharp Vermette TT line up a line will inspire them even more.

IF BICKELL was a passenger to be dropped off...so we're Richards and Kane last game...Bench the lot of them.

You've outdone yourself this time.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Apples to oranges. Swapping tvr for timmo doesn't change the entire bottom six and break up arguably your best line in the series. I think there would be a lot of people okay with the gamble. It's not a clear downgrade like the game 3 changes were. Putting in TVR is the type of bold move that can save a season. Long term he would be ready for the SCF should they complete the comeback.

I must agree.

I agree as well but when a man loses half a mustache to blown up stove, he won't go back there.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
How has it been a "great season" for Blackhawks hockey? WE finished only 3rd in our division...We failed to get home ice advantage for all playoffs...perhaps costing us if we even get to a game with ANH...Sharp falls off the cliff as a goal scoring sniper...Hossa declines in goal scoring and fails again miserably to light the lamp in playoffs..This is decline not "greatness"...Declines by Bickell Shaw and Kruger...All in trades for Timonen and Vermette hardly showing additions to "greatness" ...most would say big fails or at best mixed results..Richards band-aid 2C solution kind of meh...hardly call it addition to "greatness"..No way would I call this a "great " season for Blackhawks hockey..And consider how "great" we were around the 20-25 game mark when Surltter called us the best team in hockey..Then we fell off in the 2nd half...after 2015 began the new year...to play meh hockey and wait to flip the switch in the playoffs while we enjoyed dogging it at the Q Country Club from Jan 1st till playoffs.. Hardly "great" hockey in my view..Finally injury to Rozsival doomed us to depth problem in d-corps to face a very very good team in ANH for which we may have run out of finding ways..and can no longer flip any more switches.. Hardly call this whimper she'll of our former greatness of the 2 Cup teams as a "great season of Blackhawks hockey...I would instead call it a frustrating "All In" waiting for an inevitable exit ...a patch-work of band-aid and former stars geezer g on us and the big dough extensions to T and K and the consequent cap-crunch uncertainties weighing heavily on our Team game. ..so let the heros T and K save us...the support cast plebes not quite ready to follow them to glory and some worried that they must be elsewhere for cap reasons next season and so why put out for the Indianhead if your going to be kicked out anyway..Or if you are a stop-gap rental your investment to the Blackhawks cause is temporary at best and hardly a comittment to "greatness"..

.th

It is a great season when your team finishes in the top 4 out of 30 teams (at the least --- since this is ongoing still... it could be a top 2 or 1). It is a great season when your team plays entertaining gritty hockey and, in the playoffs show such heart.

Life is too short to rag and complain about everything my friend. Appreciate the entertainment value and actually enjoy your team. The Hawks have been fun to watch. They had a great season that is still ongoing --- lets hope the Hawks live tonight to fight another day. And even if they do not, it was a fun run.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

.th

You act like winning a cup is easy. You act like the Hawks are a team of in their prime hall of famers who should not only win every game but do so in dominating fashion. Your standards are ridiculous, bordering on idiotic.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
You act like winning a cup is easy. You act like the Hawks are a team of in their prime hall of famers who should not only win every game but do so in dominating fashion. Your standards are ridiculous, bordering on idiotic.

succinct and well stated. We can only appreciate the Cups the Hawks have won (and may win in the future) if we realize just how difficult it is to win the Cup. Holding such insane standards as a fan robs that fan of the joy of following their team. Enjoy each game that you get for what it is... a pleasant diversion that can unite fans to one another in the common goal of rooting for your guys. As a 50-year Cub and Hawks fan I can say that almost every season was fun to follow and those rare championships (for the Hawks) were quite special.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Lineup barely matters.

This team has given up 3 goals in a single period, SEVEN times this playoffs, and they've done with every variation of the lineup you can think of.

They play well, as a team, and they win. They play like they have entirely too often this year, and they lose.

Simple.

The loss won't come down to one guy.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Lineup barely matters.

This team has given up 3 goals in a single period, SEVEN times this playoffs, and they've done with every variation of the lineup you can think of.

They play well, as a team, and they win. They play like they have entirely too often this year, and they lose.

Simple.

The loss won't come down to one guy.

Pretty much this. Theres a glaring hole in the lineup, doesn't matter who Q tries to plug it with, it's not getting fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad