GDT: Game 6 | Leafs @ Sens | Stay safe | GAME POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
As a Leafs fan, I give my respect to my fellow countrymen about this chaos earlier.

On the ice-side note, could the NHL push the game to tomorrow night at a netural site? Like the ACC. Joe, 1Niagara, or Bell Centre with the Senators as the "home team" or stick it to CTC?

Why should it be at a "Neutral Site"? It was scheduled to be in Ottawa, it gets rescheduled there

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I'm curious of what apparent terrorist are going to win if we cancel the game. Has this been confirmed to be terrorist act or is everyone just following the social media buzz and calling it as fact?

It very well might be but it's funny that it's confirmed in many peoples minds.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
logistically it would be too complicated to move it to another place. They will just reschedule it and honor the tickets that were purchased for today.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'm curious of what apparent terrorist are going to win if we cancel the game. Has this been confirmed to be terrorist act or is everyone just following the social media buzz and calling it as fact?

Technically, any random, unprovoked attack against the military or government is considered a "terrorist attack".

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Perhaps the postponement of the game isn't because of security threats, and more out of respect. It wouldn't feel right having 20,000 pumped up fans celebrating hockey after the terrible day that the city and the country has endured. Good decision.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

I don't really see the humour in it. They are just being cautious, which is the right call.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Technically, any random, unprovoked attack against the military or government is considered a "terrorist attack".

I meant more on the assumption of what terrorist but a valid point

I don't really see the humour in it. They are just being cautious, which is the right call.

Making decisions before having fact has lead to millions of deaths through history, so yes I agree, there is no humour in this

Anyway, was not trying to make anything political about this. My point was the game was postpone because murdering criminals attacking people at our nations capital parliament. the game was cancelled for the right reasons and no one wins here

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
My friend from southern Ontario works in parliament and is in lockdown! Crazy stuff happening hoping it's not ISIS

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
When the game is reschedule, both teams should wear their army jerseys in the warm ups. Auction them off online after the game and all proceeds go to the mans family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille